Hi,
Is there a way to create a form programmatically,using dql or autoactivity in a process? I mean the forms that we create for a custom type using DA or Webtop.
File->New->Form.
Please help
Try enabling DFC tracing on Webtop to see what calls are made when you do File->New->Form. It will dump out a lot, but you should be able to see what DFC calls are made.
With respect to creating form via process, if you have Process Builder, this is supported out of the box as part of the activity definition.
Hi Johnny,
Thank you very much for the post.
Here is may requirement,
I have an approval workflow and when a task sent to an approver I create a new document (case log) wit dql and copy some data such as sent date,sender,receiver.When the performer approves or rejects the case I update the document and copy some other data such as approval information (yes/no) like in grants management application.Now I want to display the data in document viewer. Please see this thread.I have attached some images which explains what I want to do. https://community.emc.com/message/564628#564628
Thanks
If you create a eForm and map it to object attributes, then you can populate attribute values with your text data using DQL write activity. When a user opens the eForm, the form will pull the data you populated with.
Actually I have tried this.I created an e form and associated it with my custom type.But the problem is next step.If I create a document using webtop-"file ->new->form" then this stuff works as expected.But if I use dql then it does not display anything.Can you please guide me with this step, do I have to set something such as format or etc.Can it display the attributes without an xml form?
Is there anything that I can read the steps of this stuff?
It would be very helpful if you could guide me with that step too.
I meant using DQL to populate the attributes, not create new form. Of course, you will have to create form instance first before you try to populate its attribute values.
One more question, is that attributes are stored in documentum custom type or somewhere in an xml or something?
Depends on your attribute mapping. You can save as 1) xml, 2) xml and object attribute, or 3) object attribute only.
If I store only in object attribute this feature is availabel?
I dont understand your question - you can store the value howerver you like - I presented you the three options.
I mean if I store them in attributes not in xml ,just in database, would it be possible to display the attributes in the document viewer, if I create an elctronic for and associate it with my custom type?I don't want to create extra xml files too and make extra load on the system but also to have this functionality.Hope this is possible.
Honestly, I havent looked underneath the covers to see if you choose attribute mapping only, whether it creates extra xml file and then deletes the values after updating attribute values. Should easy to test.