Hi All,
I have installed the grants management sample application.But the grants dissuasion action button is always disabled.Can anyone help me what is the reason?
Please help
If there are Accepted Answers, those will be shown by default. You can switch to 'All Replies' by selecting the tab below.
Hi,
After a long time I could find the problem.
1. In order to Grants Discussion to work we have to enable collaboration support for wdk based applications.
2. Also we have to enable discussion for individual objects too.
I am not sure, but it seems to me this action is somehow linked to Collaboration Services.
Can you check, please, if you have installed this component:
- go to DA
- click on link 'Licensing : Configure' at the default starting page (Administration node).
~ Konstantin
Yes it is installed but still the same problem.
Running into the same problem you are facing, I was wondering if you had fixed it in the last two years. I have enabled collaboration in both taskspace/app.xml and wdk/app.xml of the taskspace webapp. Checked the licenses as well, but no luck up until now.
Apart from that: the workflow buttons, except the "approve" and "deny" are alway greyed out as well.
Jord
Hi Jord,
No luck.I have not been able to fix the problem too.The workflow buttons worked but the grants discussion action button did not.For other buttons, check if the processes are installed as well as user permissions and etc.
Hi Imran,
Thanks for the quick reply. My workflow buttons don't work (and I seem to think you had the same problems). I tried a lot now, I even made my mgr1 a superuser. I checked that the workflows are installed, but still no luck.
Did you do anything else to fix this problem?
Personally I don't really care about the discussion button. But I would love to show my customer the workflow capabilities.
Actually the buttons did not work for me too.But they was not very appropriate for my requirements too.So after analyzing the application I created my own workflows and my own buttons, forms etc.Then I skipped the example and did not spent much time on it.
Please uninstall the grants folder form template where the buttons are.
Check the actions which the buttons are calling.This are "invoke process from selected object" type actions which are created using task space.See config tab.
And attach the screens of one action here.
Can mgr1 invoke this process with start workflow menu?
Also make sure the initiate process forms for the the processes are installed.
One more step add the actions to a tab for example my folder tab, and select some documents see if they work or not.
Hope this helps
Thank you for the help. I am working on your ideas. Found some issues with the ACLs already (users not being able to write on their own home cabinets).
I still have an error which you say you fixed in another thread. I get a "ConfiguredAct ionParamMapDefintion with name: objectContext was not found.". Would you have any idea where you fixed that one?
Thanks,
I am running into the same error with an out of the box Taskspace instance. I was wondering if you could elaborate on how you would enable collaboration support and discussion for individual objects?
Are these steps necessary for just a standard Taskspace or did you have the error specifically with JUST the Grants Mngmt app?
Login as a superuser.Right click on the sysobject-.>properties.There is a check box "Show discussion".
Or in DA you can see "enable discussion" menu item on right click on document.
Hope that helps