Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to render jsp pages on Teamsite
amar_maheshwary
Hi ,
I am trying to render jsp pages on Teamsite 6.5 but its throwing Apache error 404 file not found. I believe this is happening becasue of branch set up but if I correct my branch set up then can i render jsp pages when I do not have application server and double proxy set up ?
Please assist me for this.
Regards
-Amar
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
to render jsp pages you DO NEED an application server to be set up. It is called "integration" and there are a number of techniques of doing this. But by themselves, jsp pages will not be rendered at all.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
amar_maheshwary
If I install Tomcat on the same machine on which Teamsite is installed then I hope it may work ...becasue Tomcat can be used as an application server in tht scenario..but I dont have exact steps how to integrate tomcat with Teamsite to render jsp pages ... do you have any idea or steps how to integrate teamsite with Tomcat as an application server to render jsp pages ??
gzevin
I do have an idea, but usually I charge for this kind of work
Interwoven also can offer your their consulting staff to do this work.
but in general, you need to handle proxy redirects to your app server. On the app server side one needs to configure a number of instances of the webapp that will serverparticular area - say, staging, workarea, edition, by assigning an area to the docroot of the webapp.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
amar_maheshwary
Anyone who is going to suggest the steps free of cost please ;;-)
stefanmaier
Hi,
see
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=PRODUCTS_TEMPLATING&Number=57786
for more information.
Regards
Stefan
gzevin
does this provide more info than I just said?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
amar_maheshwary
Steffen,
I checked tht post but still I didnt get the itmes which needs to be configured on Tomcat side and in Teamsite.
As much I understand I need to use double proxy, tht set up i know how to do but any particular changes needs to be done on Tomcat side so tht it should start catering the request ? And how teamsite will send request to tomcat ? Do we need to specify the IP address and port number in iw.cfg ?
Looking forward to your response
Regards
-Amar
stefanmaier
Well, this article is for free :-)
Amar: open your tomcat server.xml, create a context element for your work- and staging area,
create a WEB-INF directory with all necessary webapp files in your work- and staging area.
<Context path="/TOMCATCONTEXT"
docBase="Y:\YOURPATHTOSTAGING"
debug="0"
reloadable="false"
/>
Now the tomcat is ready for use, you can check the config with conencting directly to the tomcat port with a webbrowser.
After that, write some iwproxy rules, iw.cfg, section [iwproxy_preconnect_remap]
_regex=/iw-mount/YOURPATHTOSTAGING/(.*\.jsp)$=
http://TOMCATSERVER:TOMCATPORT/TOMCATCONTEXT/$1
This rule reders only the JSP pages with tomcat...
Johnny
There are actually numerous posts regarding this topic in integrations.
Search for double proxy or application server - though it's already been answered for you here.
John Cuiuli
amar_maheshwary
HI Steffen,
I tried the way been suggested but its not working :-(
entries from iw.cfg
_regex=/iw-mount//main/Interflow/WORKAREA/www//(.*\.jsp)$=
http://65.104.213.67:8005/TOMCATCONTEXT/$1
entry from server.xml
<Context path="/TOMCATCONTEXT" docBase="Y:\default\main\Interflow\WORKAREA\www\content" debug="0" reloadable='false' />
let me know if anything needs to be done further thn this
John, I tried to find articles for this integration but didnt find much .. but didnt see any still ... Can you give me the article link if possible
regards
-Amar
amar_maheshwary
Any clues on this problem please
ccprofessional
Have you opened an Interwoven Support case for this? It's not always as bad as the guys here tell about it ;-)
stefanmaier
Hi Amar,
first take a webbrowser and check, if your Tomcat is running correctly:
You choose port 8005 in your regex, it seems that this is the wrong port.
open your tomcat server.xml, have a look at the port value from a http connector tag, thats the write port.
Standard tomcat installation port is 8080, but be carefull: the IW servletd is running an port 8080, so you have to choose another port during tomcat installation (like 8082...).
Additionally have a look in your tomcat logs for any error messages.
Stefan
amar_maheshwary
Hi Steffen,
I checked the tomcat part and its running up and fine. While installing tomcat i gave port number becasue 8080 is already used. I doubt on the proxy remap settings which can be the probable reason. Can you please confirm if this setting is correct or not
_regex=^/iw-mount/(.*/main/Interflow/WORKAREA/www/.*\.jsp)$=
http://65.104.213.67:8005/$1
Regards
-Amar
stefanmaier
Hi Amar,
before trying to program your regex, request one jsp page with a webbrowser:
assuming yout tomcat is running on port 8005 type
http://65.104.213.67:8005/<your_tomcat_context>/<relative_path_in_your_workarea_to_jsp_page.jsp>
If this request is answered correctly, then goto the next step.
After that you have to convert the requested iwmount-path into your correct tomcat request url.
If you click on a jsp page within the TeamSite GUI you have a link like that:
/iw-mount/yourstore/main/Interflow/WORKAREA/www/yourpage.jsp
This request has to be transformed with iwproxy-regexes to your tomcat url.
_regex=/iw-mount/yourstore/main/Interflow/WORKAREA/(www/.*\.jsp)=
http://65.104.213.67:8005/<your_tomcat_context>/$1
the exact bracket placing depends on your webapp docroot.
Hoping this will help you.
Stefan
amar_maheshwary
Great Thanks Steffen.. this approach sounds quite logical and seems to be somehow works but not completely ...
I tried to check the page using tomcat and its coming fine ..I set up the regex in iw.cfg file as well
but now when I click on the login page it takes me to the login screen of Teamsite but in the address bar it shows the correct URL
I believe we need to enter some regex for the passowrd to login by itself to teamsite and then open the page ? let me know if something this kind of thing needs to be done ?
regards
-amar
stefanmaier
Can you describe your problem more in detail?
You say "...when I click on the login page it takes me to the login screen of Teamsite...".
On which login page do you click? Is it a login page in your www application?
amar_maheshwary
When I select the jsp page in my branch and click on preview button then rather than showing me the page it opens the login page of teamsite although in the address bar I can see the correct URL .
Is this looking for some password settings ?
Regards
-Amar
stefanmaier
Perhaps it's the TeamSite session timeout?
What happens if you type in your password?
amar_maheshwary
Hi Guys,
Thanks all for your assistance. I am able to render the jsp pages using Teamsite.
cheers!!
-Amar
cliffhanger
What was the issue, what fixed it?
amar_maheshwary
Here is the essence of the complete discussion
<Context path="/page" docBase="Y:\default\main\Branch\WORKAREA\www\content" debug="0" reloadable="false">
entry in iw.cfg
_regex=^/iw-mount/default/main/Branch/WORKAREA/www/content/(.*)$=
http://localhost:8030/page/$1
stop and start tomcat
iwreset to reload the iw.cfg file
Try to preview the page and it works ... really simple but it took a while to get it work
cheers!!!
-Amar
umesh
Hi Amar,
I was able to test .jsp previewing from Tomcat by following your instructions. But I would like to preview all the contents from a branch level. Presently you have given full path till directory under workarea. Please assist if you have regex example that goes on brach level or one level below branch.
Thanks
Umesh
amar_maheshwary
I didnt understand you completely..You can tweak the regex as per your requirement ... and preview the page from branch level or for all the branches ....make sure the iw.cfg entries for the branch are configured correct
Regards
-Amar