Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OpenAPI service hanging
chintu
Hi,
I am using TS 6.5/win 2003 EE. After installation everything looks fine except that the "Interwoven OpenAPI Service" does not show running in the control panel.
No luck even If I try to start it manually (iwreset -ui OR thru control panel)
Read DevNet posts on similar issues, but did not had any luck either in making it run.
Will appreciate any help
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Have you looked through all the various log files in IWHOME/local/logs and IWHOME/local/logs/iwui to see if there are any messages that might shed more light on the problem?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
chintu
Yes, I did check openapi.log which gives the following errors. tried to give different port nos (OPENAPI.rmi_port_number_min: 13024
OPENAPI.rmi_port_number_max: 13083), but doesnt solve the problem. Not sure if it has something to do with the RMI.
Parsing command line.
Reading configuration:
File "C:\iw-home\iwopenapi\openapi.cfg".
Getting locator.
Loading libraries:
Loading library "openapijni".
Starting services:
Starting service "Access":
Creating service "Access".
Registering service "Access" as "IWAccessService".
Exception: Connection refused to host: 10.2.63.20; nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 10.2.63.20; nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:567)
Adam Stoller
Exception: Connection refused to host: 10.2.63.20; nested exception is:
Well - can you ping 10.2.63.20 from your TS box? (I just resolved a problem today resulting from an IP address changing that wasn't updated in iw.cfg)
Can you do a netstat -na on the server to check to see if anything is listening already on ports betwen 13024 and 13083 ?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
chintu
10.2.63.20 is the local TeamSite server itself.
I did checked nothing is running on these ports. Infact even the RMI is not running on 32099 (changed from the default 1099). Is that when OpenAPI runs then only I can see this service running.
I have changed all port nos. to custom nos, I hope that is not causing the problem.
Adam Stoller
You say that IP address is the TS server - have you verified that? (I know it sounds a little dumb - but stranger things have been known to happen - especially, as I recall, with 10.x.y.z IP addresses)
You should probably contact Support.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
chintu
Hi,
Yes, it is indeed the local TS server. I have already raised the request to Support. Because I saw lot of posts on the Devnet on such issues, I thought somebody will have a ready answer on this. But does not look like.
Thanks anyways for the replies.
smenon
Is there an RMI Registry already running? If yes, try killing it and then restarting the OpenAPI Service. Just a thought..
--Sunil Menon
Sr. Product Manager
Interwoven, Inc.
chintu
Thanks ghoti and Sunil for trying to resolve my issue.
I was finally able to solve this issue with help from the IW support. Would like to share this so that someone like me can benefit.
The problem started when I used the custom ports, and thats what I guessed earlier. One of the reason was also I don't see many people customizing these ports. But we had to follow some standards in port naming. Though TeamSite installation asks you to customize the ports it uses, it does not update the changed ports for few areas at all the places. And OpenAPI is one of those. If anyone is customizing the OpenAPI (RMI) port from the default, make sure you do the following manual changes:
1. Change the port number in "interwoven.api.locator" in openapi.cfg (located in iw-home\iwopenapi folder) to 32099 from the default 1099 (Otherwise OpenAPI service will not run)
2. Change the port number in "openapi.server.port" in openapi.properties (located in C:\iw-home\httpd\webapps\content_center\WEB-INF\conf\teamsite_admin folder) to 32099 from the default 1099 (Otherwise the "User and Roles" link in TS Admin interface will not work)
Thanks.