Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
wft issue with unix user/iwui user
Dmitry
This issue only happens in TeamSite 6.5, it looks like it's been resolved in SP2, but we don't have the option of upgrading at this time. I was wondering if there is another patch I could install to resolve this issue only, without installing SP2.
As you know the workflow template (wft) runs 3 times when instantiating a workflow (twice before the user fills in tag_info fields/hits start job and once after). On the third run, for some reason the user changes to iwui. I have logs that show all this happening with Teamsite 6.5 as well the fact that it does NOT happen in SP2. Does anyone konw if there is a fix I can employ that doesn't involve upgrading the service pack?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
chunk
Dmitry,
What is the actual problem this is causing?
We're on TS 6.5.0, no SP, on Solaris 2.9 and haven't had any issues with this.
Regards,
bill
Dmitry
I'm actually not sure about all the possible problems this maybe causing just yet. This workflow is fairly complex with different folder level permissions and groups corresponding to each folder in the branch.
One problem it's definitely causing already is that I am expanding directories to establish a file list. Since iwui user doesn't have permissions to those directories, it cannot establish the correct file list.
One workaround I can think of I can think of is to try to "pass" the file list from the first two runs of the workflow (run by unix user) to the third one (run by iwui user) using hidden Tag_Info screens, but this separation makes the logic a lot more convoluted. Plus this might cause a bunch of other problems, so I'm hoping there is a workaround for this user issue that's causing me grief in the first place.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Srinivasa Talla
Dmitry,
If the problem is executing the workflow twice or thrice, the better way is put as much code as possible in external task. External tasks will excute only one time. We got this type of problem on windows platform. May be helpfull.
Thanks
Srini
Dmitry
Thanks Srini. However, I just discovered a new problem this is causing.
Since the third pass of the workflow sets metadata based on user input (can't be done in an external task), and this third pass is run as iwui, the "user modified" field shows up as "iwui". So we don't know the users who are actually responsible for the changes, which is bad.