Hi there!
I'm having a problem with MailSite Outlook AddIn where I cannot connect to the database. I can use DeskSite on the same PC and connect successfully.
Symptoms:
After installing Mailsite I follow the published instructions to add the MailSite Data File to Outlook (Outlook->Tools->Options->Mail Setup->Data Files->Add...)
When clicking on the Servers... button of the Options dialog, I enter the details of the relevant server, with the Auto-Login and Trusted Connection boxes ticked.
- The server immediately shows up in the server list as Connected.
- I then click on Close/OK on the open dialog windows to exit from Outlook, but on reaching the main Outlook GUI, I receive a "Failed to add session SERVER" message. The extended details read:
IManExt: Failed to add session SERVER.
Access is denied.
- Restarting Outlook and trying to adjust the server details from the Mailsite->Options menu results in a dialog window that responds to mouse clicks, but does not appear to actually do anything. This ultimately means that I have to close Outlook using Windows Task Manager.
Has anyone experienced this or similar behaviour before? It's rather frustrating to say the least!
Any help appreciated!
Environment:
Windows XP Professional (SP2)
Outlook 2003
MailSite v8.0
DeskSite v8.00.48
N