Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
declare_task()
kaalraa
Hi there,
Can anyone tell me as how to provide successor information while declaring a task using declare_task method. I am using WFconstructor to create a job spec file dynamically based on inputs filled up in the form.
declare_task ("Notify_Task_Assignment", name => "Notify Task Assignment", description => "A task has been asigned", type => "externaltask", areavpath => "/appl/iwov/iw-home/local/bin/", successors => {'task', 'Content_Development', 'label', 'Pricing content per job request'}, start => TRUE, owner => "8984");
i have written the code but it gives me error "Cant use label and task when using Stict subs".
- Achin Kalra
- AKS.... the shadow
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I generally don't try to declare successors when declaring the tasks - instead, declare all tasks and then use conditional code surrounding calls to link_tasks() - I think you'll find it easier that way.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
kaalraa
Hi Fish,
I know the same and already used it... but what the scenario is sometimes i have to provide that if task A is running then it must have a succesor task.
but stiill thanks...
- AKs.... The Shadow
Adam Stoller
"If task A is running then it must have a successor task" - "running" or "declared" ? The former doesn't make sense because the wft would already had been generated and instantiated before being able to determine if task A were "running". The latter falls under the heading of conditional logic and therefore should work with link_tasks() as stated.
If somehow I'm still not understanding you - feel free to try to explain it in more detail.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
kaalraa
Thanks, fish !!
I hope what my logic is would work through link-tasks as well.
- AKs.... The Shadow
kaalraa
Thanks, fish !!
I hope what my logic would work through link-tasks as well.
- AKs.... The Shadow
kaalraa
Hi all,
All well.. but the last thing is when i invoke the compiled job spec file... it is being repeated twice. The workflow which is creating the job file dynamically runs the complete code as well as the job spec file twice.
As a brief of the same... it is giving all logs twice, all code written under template_script is executed twice and moreover the dynamically built job spec file is also invoked twice creating 2 tasks under my tasks to do screen.
If anyone can help me out on the same.. that would be great for me.
- AKs.... The Shadow