Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Simple Permission
Bhargav Coca
I have this Branch and its workarea defined inside teamsite. I have a Group say Group1 have full permissions to this workarea. If some one gets a request to give persmission to this new guy for only one folder in this workarea. Then what we all do is creat a Group for him, add him to it and then assign that group a full permission to that particular folder and the rest of the things you assign a readonly permission. I am talking about general procedure as everyone know.
I have done this procudure somany times that everytime there is a new request that was taken care and no one had a problems editing or creating any documents in hiw foldres.
Bit now i have a problem, every seems to look right, but this particular guy can not edit any exsisting file int his own permitted folder. FYI owner of the branch and workarea is administrator.
Did anyone came across such problem?
My Env : TS 6.5 SP1 on Win2000 server.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
My standard approach is to create a group to use as the group for sharing that will have readonly rights to everything. I then create groups for the various sections of the site that will have write permissions (or one big group if everybody can edit everything), and enforce the permissions through submit.cfg.
Why don't you show us your submit.cfg and give us the vpaths for the folders that work and the folders that don't.
Bhargav Coca
I haven't created any submit.cfg file yet. We have the default file which we have written for one Branch. Nothing else added to it lately. So is it that we have to write submit.cfg for this branch too, and then only we can see permissions for that individual group or user? I can log in to the Temsite as that user and see the folder access to only him and the rest is grayed out, which is right in my case. Obly thing is when the user clicks edit he gets this error.
"Not a writable workarea: //dlivn01/default/main/NECUSA_Legal/WORKAREA/NECUSAL"
And Import is grayed out.
I donno why.
Thanks
Migrateduser
What role is the user logged in as? It sounds like you haven't made him part of the group for sharing, in which case he shouldn't even see the workarea unless he is an admin on that branch, or a master.
Bhargav Coca
I found a solution for my problem, we cannot restrict a user to few direstories ina workarea, because his group doesn't share the workarea. One and only alternative is create a NEw group just for him and create a New workarea just for him and copy those file/directories for which he needs access on to the new workarea. You should see my post in Bit bucket. I was looking for other alternatives.
Thanks