Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
unable to download from Mac client
mkocsis
I am testing the Mac Client and I am unable to download assets.
I can successfully connect and see the assets, but when I attempt to download I get the following error on the client:
MBServerError:
(GetDownloadURL_MAC_HTTP): Server was unable to process request. --> The file is no longer available for download. Contact the administrator of the web service to correct this problem.
The temp file is being created and the temp file timeout for the web services is set to the default 10 minutes. There are no errors in either the Asset Server's or Deployment Agent's logs.
Any help would be appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Are you using the mac native client or the mediabin web client (Safari)?
mkocsis
The Mac Native Client.
msnider
You need to increase the TempFileTimeout value in the web.config file. This values specifies how long the web service retains temporary files. See the web service ReadMe file for more information.
Mark
mkocsis
As I stated, I have left the default setting of ten minutes:
add key="TempFileTimeout" value="600000"
The temp file exists long after the error occurs. I'm assuming this error is being generated from the Web Service. How are the temp folder names created?. After requesting the asset a directory in the following format is created inside the TempPath defined in the Web.config file:
MBDir_29932888
The asset is inside that folder.
Oddly enough, when I tried to download today it still doesn't work, but I am no longer getting the error message. I was also able to drag and drop an asset onto my desktop once. I then deleted the asset and tried to drag and drop again and it did not work.
The only logfile that I know of is the one defined by the web site in IIS. Do the web services log information anywhere else?
msnider
What error are you getting now? Is there anything special about the asset name...i.e. does it contain any unicode or control characters?
dynamictextdropdown.jpg
mkocsis
I don't see that I am getting any errors. I can't download any files. There is nothing unique about the filenames. I can do other things like checkout, change metadata, etc. It looks like the problem is just with the file transfer. I have reinstalled the Web Service Enhancements 1.0, SP1. That didn't help. The Web Client is working fine. It seems like a configuration issue, I just can't resolve it.
mkocsis
I believe I have corrected some configuration issues. I am now seeing the following in the IIS log:
2006-03-29 23:05:06 W3SVC1 192.1.1.152 GET /mediabinwebservice/transfer/mbdir_1184467482/05f150_crshtst_2107.jpg - 80 mkocs 192.1.1.158
If I load
http://192.1.1.152/mediabinwebservice/transfer/mbdir_1184467482/05f150_crshtst_2107.jpg
in a browser, the image is displayed.
The Mac Client, however, just seems to process indefinitely.
akos
what were those config things?
I know that it was long time ago, but I'm affraid we have the same problem ...
br, Akos