When user clicks on 'Contact Us' a form should pop up having one field called 'Your Query' & a submit button .When user hits the Submit button we want to send the data to a mail id .I donot want the outlook promt to come when i click on Submit . I want something like ...the data should automatically pass to one e-mail id .Can we do this using TPLs or do we need something else .
Ravio, Thanks for all the information. Can u please also send me some pointers about the actual implementation of the same? Some related examples, or some document to refer..
A very important question to ask would be, whether you are talking about a public site or some internal site?This is because generally TS is inside the firewall and I don't think that it would be a good idea to let any external application talk to it through firewall.Also, while datacapture is a very strong USP for TeamSite, you should know when an idea of using some feature of TS in your application sounds like an overkillWhat I mean by that is, you could do what you require in a different way which is less complicated clean and simple.Having said that, it is certainly do-able *in your internal site* and you should look into using CCI command URL for invoking a form, let me know if you don't find it in the user interface customization guide, I will send you the format.