I've just installed content server 6.7 SP1 and I'm having issues with it, namely running the LDAP sync from the command line and running Java Method Server jobs in general (the latter led me to figuring out the former). Here's what I've noticed so far (note that I put everything on
but you probably have it on C:, that's the only difference from default):
- The file
\Documentum\product\6.7\dctm-server.jar is used as a catch-all to add to the environment variable "CLASSPATH" and just has a MANIFEST.MF file that references everything in
\Documentum\product\6.7\lib, but it has a mistake: it references jss311.jar when jss42.jar is there in lib. This prevented me from running LDAP sync from the command line until I fixed it. - The JBoss version changed from 4.3.0 to 5.1.0, so some stuff is moved around, namely the place where you specify the port that it runs on. This is now in
\Documentum\jboss5.1.0\server\DctmServer_MethodServer\conf\bindingservice.beans\META-INF\bindings-jboss-beans.xml in the bean configuration for "org.jboss.services.binding.ServiceBindingMetadata" - JBoss's deploy directory (D:\Documentum\jboss5.1.0\server\DctmServer_MethodServer\deploy) now contains a bunch of directories and files that end in .bak ("jmx-console.war.bak", "jmx-remoting.sar.bak", "management.bak", "ROOT.war.bak", "xnio-provider.bak" and "uuid-key-generator.sar.bak" for directories and "jms-ra.rar.bak", "mail-ra.rar.bak", "mail-service.xml.bak", "schedule-manager-service.xml.bak", "scheduler-service.xml.bak", and "sqlexception-service.xml.bak"). I haven't changed these files, and nobody else touches this server but me.
I'll mark this as a question, but feel free to add your own items specific to 6.7 SP1, and let me know if you also experience any of these issues.