Export fails due to long path+filename issue on Windows

Options
JJT_JJT
edited February 8, 2017 in Documentum #1

I am trying to export docbase files into a Windows folder using getFileEx(). I want to replicate the folder structure in the docbase on the file system while exporting files.

There are some cases where the path+filename length in the docbase exceeds the Windows path+filename limit, because of which the export of such files fails.

Is there a way to get around this issue?

I am using DFC 5.3 SP2 APIs in my export tool, and the Content Server is 5.3 SP5.

Comments

• DCTM_Guru
    edited December 14, 2011 #2
    Options

AFAIK - no.  This is a limitation of Windows and not a Documentum issue.  You could try running your app on Linux and have it write a network drive.  You would still have problems with windows trying to connect to that drive, but at least the your folder structure would be duplicated.

• matt-medicis
    edited December 14, 2011 #3
    Options

If you point an instance of WebTop to the repository, then you could enable Deep Export functionality. You may need to do them in smaller batches if the UCF timeout is low. Otherwise, you could increase the timeout and let 'er rip.

-M

• sivarry
    edited December 16, 2011 #4
    Options

Hi,

You can replace long names with short names while using getFileEx(filePathAndName)

-Siva

• fostersanders
    edited February 8, 2017 #5
    Options

Hello

Well, I had the same problem.
    But then I searched on the internet for a solution and I ran into

L
    o
    n
    g

P