Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
IIS: domain name blues
fiquebem
We have IIS 6.0 on Windows 2003 EE.
The following works fine:
http://myhost:81/iw-mount/default/main/Bigsite/ProductsServices/WORKAREA/ProductsServices/xyz/accounting/default.asp
http://myhost.mysubdomain.mydomain.net:81/iw-mount/default/main/Bigsite/ProductsServices/WORKAREA/ProductsServices/xyz/myfile.txt
But the following doesn’t:
http://myhost.mysubdomain.mydomain.net:81/iw-mount/default/main/Bigsite/ProductsServices/WORKAREA/ProductsServices/xyz/accounting/default.asp
It results in a “302 Object Moved” and one is shown the
http://www.mycompany.com/error.asp?404;http://www.mycompany.com/iw-mount/default/main/Bigsite/productsservices/workarea/productsservices/xyz/accounting/default.asp
error page.
Wonder where IIS is coming up with the notion that it should display the "
http://www.mycompany.com/error.asp"
page.
The trouble started only after I made “xyz” an “application” so that IIS would honor the global.asa file in the xyz directory of the ProductsServices TS Workarea. Once I "remove" the application, everything works fine again.
I tried changing the IW-Mount Web Site IP address to “All (Unassigned),” but that didn’t help.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
S.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
First, iw-mount shouldn't be a separate web site -- it's likely that (but doesn't have to be) your default web site in IIS. iw-mount should be set up as a virtual directory. What are you trying to do, exactly? There is SOME freedom with the site's configuration but TS has its clutches on most of it such that if you try to customize it "too much", it'll stop running for one reason or another.
Are you trying to create another application underneath iw-mount? This should be fine and will likely rely on both your proxy remaps and your IIS settings.
Dave
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
fiquebem
Thanks for trying to help, Dave. Yep, IW-Mount Web Site is my default site. Yep, iw-mount is set-up as a Virtual Directory. Yes, I need to set up a sub-directory in a TS Workarea as an additional Application (iw-mount was already one) so IIS would read the properties in global.asa in that sub-directory. That's working fine if I Browse a file from the IIS Manager itself. As well, I'm able to render an ASP file (in the new application) with IE when using just the host name, e.g.,
http://myhostname:81/iw-mount/default/main/.../default.asp
. The trouble occurs with the fully-qualified server name, e.g.,
http://myhostname.subdomain.domain.net:81/iw-mount/default/main/.../default.asp
. There's no trouble with text files.
TS is pretty much blameless here, but to work around the problem, I can change the customer_webserver_host in iw.cfg to just the host name ("myhostname") or a fully-qualified server alias, e.g., interwoven.mycompany.com (instead of the myhostname.subdomain.domain.net).
S.