Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TS 6.1 upgradation to TS 6.5
mpal
Hi guyz,
I need to upgrade Teamsite 6.1 to Teamsite 6.5. I have few questions regarding this,
1) Do I need to install any SP to teamsite 6.1
2) What will be the impact after upgradation ie, do i need to change any configuration files or any thing like that.
Thanks in advance
Mpal
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I am in the middle of an upgrade from 6.0 and now have 6.5 working with Search.
I upgraded from 6.0 to 6.1 and then to 6.5. For the upgrade I installed 6.1, then patched it with SP2 and the other patch. Then upgraded to 6.5, then ran SP1 and then SP2.
All the patches and downloads are available at support.interwoven.com. Apply them all, they are required, no need to skip steps.
mpal
Thanks yaar...
I have some more question...
Do TS 6.5 support replicants in DCR? if no, what are all changes i have to make in cfg file.
Like this do we have lot of changes in TS 6.5 when compared to TS 6.1... Can any one list it out?
Mpal
Adam Stoller
6.5 supports both the "old" 5.x style of DCR as well as the "new" 6.x style of DCR.
Look at the IWHOME/local/config/datacapture5.0.dtd and IWHOME/local/config/datacapture6.0.dtd to see the differences (6.x supports containers with min/max values to act as replicants)
If you're planning to take advantage of the new DTD - then you would need to change your DCT accordingly. While I believe this is recommended (along with changing from "iwov" to "xml" style DCTs/DCRs) it is something you can 'phase-in' over time for pre-existing DCTs.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
sqlError.jpg
Ottawa_IWOV
Why is it recommended to move for IWOV style DCR's to Custom XML DCR's. I mean there are always to obvious reasons to write your own schemas, but I wanted to know if there was anything specific from Interwoven.
Thanks,
Adam Stoller
I'll have to let someone from IWOV answer that with any kind of authority - my guess is that they want to get out-of the business of maintaining their own "strange" XML format for DCRs because it leads to more problems than it helps - but that's just a guess.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
line_heigth.pdf
p1.rptdesign
Migrateduser
Fish is right - the idea was to be compliant with industry standard XML.
smenon
There is no technical reason to move away from IWOV style DCRs to XML style DCRs.. It is just a best practice recommendation..
--Sunil Menon
Sr. Product Manager
Interwoven, Inc.