TeamSite 6.5SP1 / Solaris 9
Got kind of weird problem (as far as I can tell) - I've got a custom menu item CGI script that contains the following bit of code:
function selectValues(){
window.open(values_url, "Select Value",
"height=700,width=550,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,location=no,menubar=no,toolbar=no,titlebar=no");
}where
values_url is of the form "
/iw-bin/iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi/script.cgi/key1=val1;key2=val2".
In Firefox (Mac and Windows) if I click the button, a window opens with the script pointed to by the URL.
In IE 6.0 (on Windows) if I click the button - nothing happens (no error, no nothing), and there's no pop-up blocker.
I modified the url to begin with "
http://tsservername/iw-bin/..." but that didn't make any difference
I tried creating a simple HTML file on the local disk of the PC using essentially the same code (hard-coded to go to
http://www.yahoo.com) and it seemed to work just fine.
I hard-coded "
http://www.yahoo.com" for the url in my CGI script - still doesn't work in IE.
Anyone have an idea why the
window.open() call wouldn't work in IE when called from my cgi script?
(I haven't yet tried to download install the .NET framework and Fiddler to see if that helps - I may try that next week if I have to, but I'd rather not)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com