Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OD - 5.6 Base to 6.02 Receiver
boskovuk
We need to enable OD between two Solaris boxes.
OD Base is 5.6 and OD Receiver is 6.02
From what I read in this forum, we should not expect any major issues along the way. Does anybody have contrary experience?
thanks ...
TS Server Version: 6.1.0
Service Pack 2 (Build Number: 41240)
Platform: Solaris 5.9
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
I know there is a patch required to go from 6.X sender to 5.6 rec. So you may want to
check the support site to see if there is anything for your senerio.
Andy
boskovuk
Andy,
thanks for valuable tip.
I logged into support site and searched around. I think I have found the patch you mentioned (from 6.X sender to 5.6 rec). However, I could not find anything specific to my scenario.
I have a question regarding the support site:
When we are adviced to check on support site, what does that exactly mean? Does this mean that we should email/ask support our specific question? Or we are suggested to 'search' within support site and parse through all returned results?
I have to ask, since I don't see too much structure within the support site content (except the 'download' section). I see bunch of articles, they are not sorted and it is quite painful to make correlation between our individual cases and hundreds of articles.
Am I missing something here?
TS Server Version: 6.1.0
Service Pack 2 (Build Number: 41240)
Platform: Solaris 5.9
Phil
In the Release Notes for OD 6.0.2 there is a section called
Deploying Files Between OpenDeploy Releases
. According to that section you need the patch for OD 5.6 SP1 and then you can deploy from 5.6 to 6.0.x. According to the readme in the patch you only need the patch if you are deploying from 6.0.x to 5.6. It's ambiguous so to be safe I would apply the patch.
When looking for information on the Support site, using the Search feature works best for me. The technical documents are not categorized so browsing their library is a waste of time. When searching, if the first few hits are not relevant then the next hundred won't get any closer. Try using different words and try different combinations of words. If you don't find anything after a few tries open a case with Support.
In my experience I have found Devnet much more useful for finding answers. It has the same Tech Notes as the Support site and it has lively forums. Again, knowing how to search is a must as there is too much information to simply browse. These days I only use Support to follow up on open cases and to download software.
Phil
skip11
Hi,
I've seen a problem with installations on Solaris for those two versions
where the install directory is different between the two systems.
I think there's a KB article on it.
Regards,
R.Barger
Credit Suisse Group
Zurich, Switzerland