Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Memory Stream without TaskID?
spano
Wondering if it's possible to create an asset based on a filesystem path rather than a TaskID. My understanding is that to do something outside of MediaBin, I will have to use the shortcircut function. This allows me to send input and output paths, but then takes away my ability to write it back to the response.buffer. I want the result in memory versus a physical file written to disk. Can I have the best of both worlds?
Thank you.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
msnider
Currently, no. Only asset previews are available as a memory stream. Operations that manipulate an asset.... insertion task, retrieval task, or short circuit task....are all filesystem based. You would have to create a temporary staging area for the MediaBin server to write the files, then you'd open the files and stream them to the response buffer.
Mark