Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Installing LiveSite
icedogchi
I'm looking for some information. My company is going to install LiveSite on top of a poorly implemented version of TeamSite. We have 1 month to install, configure all components, templates, etc.
None of us really know how to use TeamSite let alone LiveSite, so I feel doomed to failure already.
I'm looking for some very experienced people with TeamSite and LiveSite to help me answer a few questions (and maybe even clear up what questions I should be asking):
First, how does LiveSite accomplish this reusability of Content? The business is expecting to share content across branches by drag and drop. They are also expecting to develop dynamic web pages in weeks.
Second, how does LiveSite connect with a Java class to provide functionality? The easiest example is login. How would a business user get a login screen built that actually connects to the backend database and validates the user? I've read about External Components, but that doesn't sound like what I am asking above with login.
Third, what little I can find on LiveSite, they talk about calling java classes by passing XML around. Why is RMI or CORBA not used to actually connect to a java class instead?
Fourth, how does all of this integrate with WebSphere 6.x? Or does the LiveSite/TeamSite server actually host the code. That is, I don't push the HTML from LiveSite/TeamSite to a web server. LiveSite/TeamSite IS the production server.
Finally, what are the biggest problems/concerns people have had installing, configuring, and using LiveSite?
Thanks!
P.S. If you have any questions that I should be asking, please let me know. Also, if you have resource material (besides what is on Interwoven), please point it out.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet