Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
FormAPI to change initial dir
nipper
From a previous post, I tried this to change the initalDIr for a browse window
var sectionImg = IWDatacapture.getItem("/sectionImg");
alert(sectionImg);
sectionImg.initialDir ="/images/category/Computers";
whether or not the initialDir is defined, nothing get changed.
No errors get posted, my alerts are fine.
Tips/Pointers/RTFMs appreciated (though tell me which FM, because I cannot find it)
Andy
Per Fish - TS 6.5 on SOlaris 2.9
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Nipper - just in case it matters (which, as you know, it often does) - what version of TeamSite are you using?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
jbonifaci
FYI Andy, I just tried in 6.1 and wasn't was not able to get it to work. So maybe it only works in 6.5. I know you're on 6.5, but you're probably doing something else wrong. That, or dave is on crack. Both are equally possible I guess,
.
Now, when is this javascript getting called? If it's on the load of the form, are you making sure to use the onFormInit event? If that doesn't help, I don't think there is much else I can do for you, as I do not have access to a 6.5 server.
~Jeff
nipper
Hmm, did not think this would be resticted to formiit. That makes it much less useful if that is the case, but
I will try that.
Yes I am on 6.5 I knew Dave said it was new for 6.5.
jbonifaci
Ah, I just meant you would want to make sure the form was fully loaded if you were trying to do it when the form was being initialized. If you're doing it onItemChange or on some other event after the form is already loaded, you should be ok. Assuming Dave is no on crack...
~Jeff
Stack Error.zip
nipper
got it, I mis-understood your post before, except about the part where Dave is on Crack.
DIdn't we have this discussion about lissa a few months ago ?
Migrateduser
DUDE! I haven't even "said" anything yet on this thread and already you're talking trash about me... what up??? What's all this about me being on crack?! For me, that seems to be a recurring theme from DevNet '05. I don't even know why...
Environments:
(1,2) TS6.5, TS6.5SP1 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
jbonifaci
Dude, it's all about
, now post something helpful to help out Andy.
nipper
Dave
You were the one who posted about the item.initialDir="/gohere";
that does not seem to work
Migrateduser
Stay tuned -- I'll be able to post some actual working code later on today.
Dave
Environments:
(1,2) TS6.5, TS6.5SP1 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Migrateduser
Andy,
I've done this in two implementations so far and in both cases, initialDir was set in the init() function. However, this value was also changed elsewhere in the API.
What I'm actually doing in the API is calling a wrapper around the browser callout and initialDir and ceilingDir are query string elements (vpath and ceiling, respectively) that are controlled by the API when calling the wrapper. As far as I know, this is undocumented so you won't get an RTFM from me -- this is more of an Easter egg, I suppose.
There's not much code to write in this case. All you'll really need is a script to invoke IW's browser and a means by which to manipulate the browser's query string, which is trivial once you have the wrapper.
Dave
Environments:
(1,2) TS6.5, TS6.5SP1 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
brandon1
Jeff has an extremely effective talent of annoying you to the point of **** you off.
Current Project: TS 6.1
Environment: Windows
jbonifaci
Hey!!! Why the h8?
Migrateduser
Naaah, Jeff's okay. Actually, I think I owe him a beer for something 'er other so he can't be half bad.
Environments:
(1,2) TS6.5, TS6.5SP1 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
jbonifaci
A beer, eh? I'm going to hold you to that Dave
.
Migrateduser
I'm good for it, but I think we live 1000 miles apart so it might be a bit difficult to implement
Environments:
(1,2) TS6.5, TS6.5SP1 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
jbonifaci
Hey, your profile says you're a pilot. You should be able to make it here in a few hours. There's a small airport for private planes right near where I work and several bars right near by. Problem solved...
Migrateduser
Jeff, there are a few individuals with nicer legs than yours for whom I would gladly a few hours in order to buy a beer.
Oh, and
you're welcome
for the imagery!
Environments:
(1,2) TS6.5, TS6.5SP1 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9