Hi,I need to instantiate a workflow as soon as the user clicks Finsh on the DCR. Could someone tell me which event should I use to trigger the workflow. The issue is that the user can choose to click on save and then on finish which means I can't work on the onSaveValid event. I tried putting the code in onClose event, but that event is called even when the user click on cancel button.Any help is really appreciated.Cheers,ChetanTS: 6.1 sp1 on Solaris
Hi,I need to instantiate a workflow as soon as the user clicks Finsh on the DCR. Could someone tell me which event should I use to trigger the workflow. The issue is that the user can choose to click on save and then on finish which means I can't work on the onSaveValid event. I tried putting the code in onClose event, but that event is called even when the user click on cancel button.TS: 6.1 sp1 on Solaris
I know about the tt_data but the problem is there are a few workflows which can be triggered through that route on the same branch. I dont want the user to show the list of those available workflows, instead I want one specific workflow to get triggered.As mentioned previously, i have used onSaveValid and onClose events but both have some issues and the guide doesnt mention any other event which i can use.Cheers,Chetan
The onSave event handler is passed an integer that indicates what button triggered theevent. In this way, the save handler can determine how the save was triggered and behavedifferently if necessary:function saveHandler(button) {switch (button) {case IWDatacapture.SAVE_BUTTON:case IWDatacapture.SAVEAS_BUTTON:case IWDatacapture.SAVECLOSE_BUTTON:// User clicked 'Save', 'Save As' or 'Finish'...break;case IWDatacapture.PREVIEW_BUTTON:case IWDatacapture.GENERATE_BUTTON:// User clicked 'Preview' or 'Generate'...break;}}Note: Code references to SAVECLOSE_BUTTON refer to the Finish button inContentCenter.
If you have workflows specific to certain DCT's, then I guess you can handle that through available_templates.cfg. For each workflow you can specify multiple branch path, and in the branch path you can go on till templatedata/category/datatype. So in you case you can have multiple branch_path (although it will be same branch, but different datatype)For example: if a particular workflow need to be available for 2 DCT then branch paths can be some thing like this./default/main/branchA/WORKAREA/WA1/templatedata/category/datatypeA/default/main/branchA/WORKAREA/WA1/templatedata/category/datatypeB