Data Source Adaptor - Displaying Values in read-only table when value in text field changes

Marada
edited February 15, 2012 in Documentum #1

Hello All,

I am trying to use a data source adaptor to display user list in read-only table based on value entered into text box.  I have followed steps mentioned in thread: https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-8687 .  I am able to display the result in read-only table when I use static value for skill. It is not displaying when I use a variable to replace the value on run-time, the syntax '${report}'.  I have attached the document with screen shots to show steps way I have configured the adaptor.

Please, let me know the mistake while configuring adaptor which I have done.

Can any one let me know how can we debug whether adatpor is trigger or not ? Is there any cache to be deleted before I test the adaptor? If, so let me know the steps for deleteing cache for form adaptor.

Thanks in Advance,

Marada

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Marada
    edited February 15, 2012 #2 Answer ✓

I found the mistake. I have placed text box and read-only table in table-design box. I think it may not allow to execute the adaptor when the value is changed in text box after form is launched.

When I took out the text box and read-only table from table-design box it worked..

Thanks

Marada

Answers

• pabt
    edited February 15, 2012 #3

Hello Marada,

In your 'Adaptor Configuration Manager' while settings your input parameter ( I mean the report), did you mark it as required?

Best

Paolo

• Ramachandran
    edited February 15, 2012 #4

hi Marada,

I thought you may missing some configurations. Make sure that your adaptor is executed after  the input value of the particular field changes. Please check the check box 'Execute the adaptor when input value changes' in the Properties of that field then configure your adaptor to that field.

• Marada
    edited February 15, 2012 #5

Hello Paolo,

Yes, I have marked it as required.

• Marada
    edited February 15, 2012 #6

Hello Srinivasan,

I do not see any check box to execute adaptor when input value changes for read-only box. Can you please, let me know if you any thing. As per, i know ' execute adaptor when input value changes' is avalible for text box.

• Marada
    edited February 15, 2012 #7 Answer ✓

I found the mistake. I have placed text box and read-only table in table-design box. I think it may not allow to execute the adaptor when the value is changed in text box after form is launched.

When I took out the text box and read-only table from table-design box it worked..

Thanks

Marada