Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
multiple file DCR upload ?
nipper
I have a callout in a DCR to upload a file.
Similar to the one posted in the tech lib, it uses <INPUT TYPE="file" NAME="filename"...
to pop up a browser to select a local file for upload.
Now the users want multiple file upload. I can add a button that is upload and browse
for another file. But that is not very clean. Anyone solve this puppy before ? How can
you make HTML browse for multiple files ?
Tips/Pointers/RTFMs appreciated
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Ugh... I think you'll need to write it yourself. I had to do this earlier this year but it would up being kinda fun. I made it look exactly like the TS file browser but I bastardized and reverse-engineered just about everything to make it my own.
TS's file browse functionality will get you most of the way but I think you'll need to create the frames/HTML and JS functionality yourself.
Dave
Environments:
(1,2) TS6.5, TS6.5SP1 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Adam Stoller
Well - depending how you wrote the CGI - you could provide a button ["Upload Another"] to recurse through the script N times (until they click on "Done") and they'd just have to go through the process N times - if done "right" you should be able to preserve the currently navigated-to directory.
Another positibility is to provide for multi-select in the navigation/selection portion and then iterate through the list to perform the actual uploads.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nipper
Another positibility is to provide for multi-select in the navigation/selection portion
your first suggestion was my thought, just not articulated very well.
Any idea how to provide for multi-select in the navigation/selection portion ?
If I can do that I think I can get the rest to work
Andy
Adam Stoller
It all depends on how you implemented the navigation/selection portion of the CGI.
If you wrote that code yourself - you should be able to figure out how to do it.
If you're using OOTB code - you either need to figure out if there are options, reverse-engineer it, or replace it with code you write yourself.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com