How can I fetch a docbase document throuugh DRL using chronicle ID

Sagar.Hazary
edited June 26, 2013 in Documentum #1

How can I fetch a document through DRL using chronicle ID.

The requirement is to fetch the latest version of the document with DRL.

• We cannot use object ID in the DRL because document can be versioned.
  • We cannot use version number/Number in the DRL because the version label can change. 

Please advice

Best Answer

• tejrajs
    edited February 23, 2012 #2 Answer ✓

Extend the DRL component in your custom layer and override the onInit method, where in before calling super.onInit() method, get the id from argument list check if this is of type dm_document or any subtype, execute query to fetch the latest version of document using it and replace the id (retrieved from query) in argument list.

Answers

• tejrajs
    edited February 23, 2012 #3 Answer ✓

Extend the DRL component in your custom layer and override the onInit method, where in before calling super.onInit() method, get the id from argument list check if this is of type dm_document or any subtype, execute query to fetch the latest version of document using it and replace the id (retrieved from query) in argument list.

• Sagar.Hazary
    edited February 23, 2012 #4

We are building the DRL through DFC based application. We wont be extending any componet from WDK

• tejrajs
    edited February 23, 2012 #5

correct, but DRL will invoke the Webtop application to fetch document and that time only you need to fetch latest version of document, for this reason I have suggested to extend Webtop component.

Or do you have handle on client application which invokes DRL ?

• aflowers001
    edited February 23, 2012 #6

The drl components have an optional chronicleid parameter that you could look to use, never used it myself so can't help on what it actually does, but the manuals should give some idea. I'd guess that is a chronicleid is passed and auto drl resolution is set then it will look for the latest version (perhaps).

• DCTM_Guru
    edited February 23, 2012 #7

Not sure if this is still supported, but back in 5.3 we customized DRL component to append "/CURRENT" to DRL.  This always pulled back current version of the document even if we provided older version ID.

• matt-medicis
    edited February 23, 2012 #8

This works in 6.5 sp2...

http://<server>/webtop/drl/objectId/<Your Object Id>/versionLabel/CURRENT

-matt

• Sagar.Hazary
    edited February 24, 2012 #9

Thank you everyone for your response.

As mentioned in the post we can not append version level CURRENT is the DRL as it is prone to change.

The only way I see is to customize the DRL componet to fetch the most recent document.

• DCTM_Guru
    edited February 24, 2012 #10

What do you mean "prone to change"?  To append "/versionLabel/CURRENT" to DRL still requires customization to DRL component, so I dont know what your hesitation is.  The only difference is that this uses out of the box functionality instead of manually querying for current version ID given i chronicle ID.

• rakesh.k
    edited June 26, 2013 #11

Hi Johnny
         Above informations are very useful to me.

In the above scenario,  if the user  having access only to current version of the document  , he doesn't have access all the other old versions including base version.
         in this case , If user uses the the base version or any other version DRL  he was not able to view the current version of the document.

The  DRL used by the user to  view documents ,has object id and version details.   

If I generate the DRL with chronicle ID instead of object ID , it will work? or need to customize the DRL component.