Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwidmap doesn't appear to be working
lizn
We are upgrading from TS 6.1 SP1 to TS 6.5 SP1 on Windows 200.
The backing store was copied over this past weekend and i'm trying to remap the SIDs.
Here's an example of the original entry for the store.idmap files
<RECORD>
<TOKEN data = "350"/>
<ID data ="S-1-5-21-2025429265-179605362-839522115-1031"/>
<NAME data="C1APP018\Common"/>
</RECORD>
here's that I've changed out file too
<RECORD>
<TOKEN data = "350"/>
<ID data ="S-1-5-21-1844237615-1592454029-839522115-1035"/>
<NAME data="C1APP048\Common"/>
</RECORD>
I've ran
iwidmap -u -a -I e:\store.idmap e:\iw-store\default
iwstoreadm -d default
iwstoreadm -a default
This didn't appear to change anything so I just tried
iwidmap -u -c S-1-5-21-2025429265-179605362-839522115-1031 S-1-5-21-1844237615-1592454029-839522115-1035 e:\iw-store\default
Any ideas on what else I can try. I have a lot of SIDs that need to be remapped because the server changed from c1app018 to c1app048
thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I'm not sure - but you seem to be changing the ID and not the NAME entry -- and I think the idea is to map the ID to another name not to map the name to another id.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
lizn
I was mapping the ID to another name. I had change the store.idmap file to this - the same ID but different name
<RECORD>
<TOKEN data = "350"/>
<ID data ="S-1-5-21-2025429265-179605362-839522115-1031"/>
<NAME data="C1APP048\Common"/>
</RECORD>
however after i ran all the steps i outputed another store.idmap files and the results came back with a new ID.
<RECORD>
<TOKEN data = "350"/>
<ID data ="S-1-5-21-1844237615-1592454029-839522115-1035"/>
<NAME data="C1APP048\Common"/>
</RECORD>
carnix
Its really a shame that there isn't a utility to walk TeamSite, examing the file system, iwgroups.xml and roles files, and recreate the iwidmap based on what's there. Basically, deleting any entry not found, changing any entry that appears to be in error, and adding entries that are found but not listed for some reason...
Better yet, simply sync the idmap with the iwgroups.xml and roles files automatically every time the server is restarted. If a file in TeamSite was created by a user that has been subsequently removed from TeamSite, oh well. Maybe write those files to a log, so a master user can do some cleanup on those. You can change ownership and permission now in the GUI for what used to be impossible to change items (the actual WORKAREA, STAGING and EDITION directories, for example), so it's ok if those get messed up by this, as long as it's logged anyway, since they can be changed easily. The only problem would be if you delete the user account that originally installed TeamSite, but if you followed instructions and used Administrator, it would be incredibly stupid to actually delete that account (I think on Win2003 you can't delete it), you'd never screw up the backing store itself this way (heh, well, maybe not *never*... this IS TeamSite we're talking about).
um.. ok, rant over...
-mike
Michael Langford, Webmaster - CARE USA
151 Ellis Street, Atlanta, GA, 30303
http://www.care.org/
iwovGraduate
C1APP018\Common and C1APP048\Common are a groups or users?