Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Problem in resotring default store
Balu110
Hello,
I am trying to create a backup store to copy some files from previous day backup. So I extracted the content of default store from backup of directory "/local/iw-store/default/*" to temporary location and copied to /local/stand-by directory. But the content is not being displayed in backup store when I log into GUI. Also I don’t see any errors while mounting and activating backup store.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Balu.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Are you looking for a backup of the content - or a backup of the store (which includes lots of historical and other information)?
If you just want to hold on to a backup of the content - I suggest you make a copy of each branch's STAGING area - you'll lose the EAs on files - but you'll get the content.
If you want a backup of the store - it would probably be safest if you used iwstoreadm and iwmigrate (from a known-specific edition -- it might take a loooong time though) - or iwstoreadm and a complete copy of the particular backing store (note: this implies "multi-store" functionality which requires additional license fees)
If you're backing store is located on a SAN (like a NetApp box) you can probably make use of NetApp's "snapshot" functionality to make this a lot easier.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com