Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwat accepting regex and passing arguments?
System
Can someone tell me if iwat yet supports regexes and/or how I'm able to access certain information from the script that is called as a result of this trigger?
For instance, I want a script to be kicked off whenever the event log records "UnLock". How could I pass an argument to my script to determine which file was just unlocked?
Dave
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
I did not use iwat, but used iw.local and defined a new trigger, anyway that reurned some
env variables including
$eventLine = $ENV{"IW_EVENTLINE"};
and
$ENV{"IW_VPATH"};
Try dumping environment variables to a file & see what is interesting.
Migrateduser
I'm sorry, I didn't mention that I'm on a Windows (2003) platform... I don't think that there's an equivalent of /etc/init.d/iw.local on the Windows platform.
Dave
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Adam Stoller
You don't pass an argument to your script to determine what file was unlocked - you look at the parameters passed to the script (the docs seem pretty bad on this part - the old iwatxxx programs used ENV variables but 'iwat' uses ARGV parameters) - just create a simple script to spit out the contents of
@ARGV
and use that as an iwat script to determine the information you need.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Thanks, that's what I've decided to do. Actually, I'll go either that route or the iwatcreate route (suits my needs -- the UnLock example I gave before was just an example). Both seem to include a good number of environment variables, argv, etc., so I think I'll be fine from here.
Thanks, Andy and Adam.
Dave
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Adam Stoller
'iwat' is significantly simpler to deal with since you don't have to go throgh the process of creating a 'service'.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com