Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Implementing complex search
dr_do_little
Hi,
We have a specific requirement to modify Advance search feature of worksite, so that it can provide options to users for refining their search results.
Consider this situation, I have two tags(worksite and white papers), All my documents have either one or both tags attached. Now when I go to advace search and select both tags and do a search.
The results display me all the documents with has either interwoven or worksite attached. What I actually would like to see as results is only those documents which has both the tags.
I understand that the current feature supports "OR" for multiple items in specific field and "AND" for between tags.
Is there a way to allow this facility to users to choose the kind of search they need. Or can I add one more field say (secondary tag) so that the search results are more accurate for users.
Any suggestions, how to achieve such requirements.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jny
If these tags are (or can be) stored as the document attributes, then a search that has the both search attributes ids which represent their search attribute values in the searchparameters will return all documents that have both values.
[C#]
// Build search criteria
IManProfileSearchParameters oparms = odms.CreateProfileSearchParameters();
oparms.Add(imProfileAttributeID.imProfileCustom13, "WorkSite");
oparms.Add(imProfileAttributeID.imProfileCustom14, "WhitePapers");
// Search documents
IManContents oresults = osess.SearchDocuments(odblist, oparms, true);
dr_do_little
Hi Jny,
Thank you for your inputs. I know that this can be achieved by using document attributs. Is there a possible way to achieve this without adding this as document attribute.
Thanks,
Habeeb
jny
I guess I'm not understanding what you really would like to accomplish. How are you currently identifying the documents with the specified tags?