What is the best approach for Documentum back end and Oracle Applications( Forms & Report) in front end? How can we accomplish this, do we have to use DFS or Is there a Documentum Connectors to accomplish this task?
You can use DFS to integrate other applications that also have web service APIs. If Oracle has java API, then you can also call DFC (Documentum java library) directly without having to deal with web services abstration.
I am somewhat familiar withDocumentum connector for Share point, Is there a Documentum connector for Oracle (Forms/Report) Application?
Not that I am aware of. I know there is also one for SAP. Have you tried searching EMC website? If you dont see it there, then it probably doesnt exist.
I was not able to find anything in powerlink for Documentum connector for Oracle.
Oracle Application is not using Java API, so I guess we will have to use DFS to integare with Documentum and Oracle Application.
If you want an asynchronous (message-based) integration, you could use the process integration features available in Documentum xCP. xCP Process Integrator can be deployed independently of other xCP components for this type of integration.
For more information, please refer to this Documentum xCP white paper.