Hello Folks,
Has anyone have successfully installed content server on CentOs?
Thanks
If there are Accepted Answers, those will be shown by default. You can switch to 'All Replies' by selecting the tab below.
I have a couple of running installations (development) on CentOS. No installation issues and works fine. I did the latest on CentOS 5.7 64-bit (CS 6.7 SP1). Of course it's not supported but it's fine for development.
As far as I rememebr, it isn't a supported platform (check in the release notes) so I';m afraid you're going to be on your own
Hello,
I know the release notes supports redhats and CentOs is the same thing as RedHat and it is free.That is why I am trying to install it on CentOS.I wonder if there are any issues that can arise.
Since its not supported, it hasnt been tested, so you are using it at your own risk. This also complicates trouble shooting process when you do encounter errors. I highly recommend you avoid using it and you supported environment. This way you know there is higher probabilty that someone has the same environment. I havent seen anyone posting questions on CentOs, you would be the only one.
I think CentOs can be used for development or demo/training purposes, as long as it is not a critical environment and you don't need support
Hi Jeremy,
If you use a different OS as dev environment than in QAT or PROD, it becomes more difficult to resolve what the problem is b/c in the back of your mind, the problem may be due to differences in the diff OS. Its best practices to keep all the environments as close as possible to minimize any environment issues.
Also, if you didnt need support "official" or via communities like this, then why would you be posting to the forums
Hello Guys,
Thank you very much for the help.I am going to change the OS-type.I want to move to Linux and it does not matter which type it is.
In documentum 6.7sp release notes guide the available options are "RHEL 4.9, 5.7, 6.1" and "SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP4,11 SP1".So I have too choose one of them.So please suggest me which distribution of Linux is the best for documentum.Please share your experiences.
I think you are asking the right question but in the wrong place!!! I tried before but no one responded
https://community.emc.com/message/440816
Suggest you head over to Stack Overflow.
I would be intersted in the answers you find, as I still would like to build a linux VM for development / playing with
Possibly everyone is using windows that is why there is no reponse.I hope this is not the case.
We are using RHEL at two different projects recents. We used 5.7, b/c that was what was supported Documentum 6.7 first came out.
This is a good news.I am pretty sure that if I go into trouble on RHEL Johnny will help me.
Hello Johnny,
where are you? Please help me with this issue if possible.
https://community.emc.com/thread/137448
thanks
The issue were solved on RHEL.