We want to have two TS 5.5.2 running on the same solaris 8 box.1. How can this be achieved. ?2. Is this a suitable approach?3. How stable is this apprach.
Nicholas, that's funny -- I was going to bring that up before I read your reference to that. So, yes, I'd like to share my experience I had with a certain life insurance company in Lansing, MI (I believe there's only one). They were, indeed, running four instances of TS and I think only two of them were the same version. If I recall correctly, it was 4.5, 5.0.1 and two instances of 5.5.2. Cutting edge for 2002... anyway, they were running this on a Solaris box and I imagine that the box was fairly beefy.So, yes, it can be done, at least with the version to which you're referring. I'm not sure about more current versions but I'm wondering WHY you would want to subject yourself to dealing with two TS instances on the same box?