Some time ago I have opened a support case on "CLT version of iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi"
My idea is the following:
- A user starts a workflow with a CGI task (perl-script) from the TeamSite GUI
- Inside this perl script some file-modifications are done (i.e. writing extended attributes)
- Inside the TeamSite GUI the file sould be shown "modified by the user" (NOT SYSTEM!)
I know that there is the possibility to call the CGI-Task-Perl-Script via iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi, but this has two disadvantages:
- I can not pass URL parameters to the script
- the called script MUST remain exactly at /iw-bin/ (I am thinking of scripts which may even run on another server!)
I also know that iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi uses the iw_auth cookie (and perhaps some other cookies) to perform 'runas' on windows
My idea now is to extract the iw_auth value (and other values if necessary) manually from the request and pass them to a command line version of iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi together with the command line of the application I want to launch under the user's name.
I have now feature request #66175 open on this and therefore want to invite all of you to subscribe to it, hoping that the possibility of implementation increases with the numer of subscribed users...
Regards,
Stephan
PS:
A CLT version of iw_cgi_wrapper would also be useful for:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums_vb/showthread.php?t=5928&forumid=11&highlight=impersonatehttp://devnet.interwoven.com/forums_vb/showthread.php?t=8384&forumid=13&highlight=impersonatehttp://devnet.interwoven.com/forums_vb/showthread.php?t=9437&forumid=50&highlight=impersonate