Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Setting a DCR name
JeremyH
I need to set a DCR name (and path) based on the values of two different fields in my template.
What is the best way to do this? My first inclination is to set the DCR name during the save valid event. However, this involves a bit of trickery to make sure it is set before it goes on to the user prompt. Is there an alternate way? (Or am I thinking about it too hard?)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
That's pretty much the most common way to do it. What's the trickery, anyway? What makes it more complicated than this?
Environments:
(1,2) TS6.5, TS6.5SP1 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
nipper
It is pretty easy, there is a post on the tech lib that provides some code. You should download it and try it.
me
JeremyH
Cool. It seemed to work just as I expected it to. I was just a little worried about the "asynchronous" part of the command.