Hello experts,
We have configured SSL in our application server, and now the ucf content transfer does not work.Kindly let me know what I have to do to make the service work with SSL.Our app server is Tomcat.
Thanks in advance
If there are Accepted Answers, those will be shown by default. You can switch to 'All Replies' by selecting the tab below.
HI, the best place to start is by ucf tracing, configure it in ucf.client.config.xml file on the client machine. The trace file will give you detailed information, the error could be any where from configuration setup, signed certificates or server config. And have you updated the dm_acs_config.acs_base_url to https?
Hello Khurram,
Thank you very much for the information.I just log on to API and changed the dm_acs_config.acs_base_url and supported protocol attributes of dm_acs_config to HTTPS and it worked.
Hello,
I want to keep both ssl and non ssl mode so if I add dm_acs_config.acs_base_url[1] as https and dm_acs_config.acs_base_url[0] as http would this work?
In theory it should work but in practice it doesn't. Even though the attribute is repeating, ucf only picks up the value on the first index. The UCF is not designed to handle the contingency yet, maybe in the future. You can easily test this with ucf tracing. Assign a dummy url at the first index and proper url (http/https) on the 2nd index and run expor test, you will see that when the ucf operation fails to construct a valid URL to the content it doesn't fallback to the alterantive url in the acs config. You have to choose one or the other, even though having them both will not break anything but of no benefit.
Thank you very much for the reply. You are right, I have spent plenty time on this today but no success, the ACS does not accept request from both protocol.