How can multiple performers in a single group can work on a task/document one after other?

athati
edited April 17, 2012 in Documentum #1

Hi,

My requirement is that a task need to be done by one or more performers in a group. Once one user completes his job, he must be able to ask another user within the same group. How can I achive this?

In the Workflow Manager/Content server fundamentals I see various Activity Performer selection options and I am attaching the same to my post.

Please share your knowledge and experiences for figuring this out.

Thanks.

ta

Comments

• DCTM_Guru
    edited April 10, 2012 #2

Configure the activity to allow the performer to repeat the task.

• athati
    edited April 10, 2012 #3

Thanks Johnny.

When I do 'Repeat' I do not see the limitation of repeating the task to the same single group. If gives full list documentum users and groups. How can I narrow down the selection to that group only?

Can I achive this by what User Category? Single user from a group? Some users from a group? I tried with both and noticed both "Delegate" and "Repeat" options will give full list of users and groups in the docbase. My requirement is to limit the selection only to that group in which the current performer exists.

Please advise me.

Thanks.

ta

• DCTM_Guru
    edited April 10, 2012 #4

Instead of defining repeat, you can just create a copy of the original activity.  In this activity, you can define single user from group with the option of having performer of Activity X (original activity) to select performer for copied activity.

• athati
    edited April 10, 2012 #5

Thanks Johnny.

To understand what you say, I think I need more imagination/visualization. I will try to analyze again and again and then test it.

Do you mean "Activity X" with "Single user from a group" followed by "Copy of Activity X" with "Single user from a group" and "Activity X" will select next performer in that group? Is it possible for the task to go around any number of group-members? Finally the last one in that loop may Forward to the next activity of the Workflow. I am still trying to understand and implement it.

Thanks for your help.

ta

• athati
    edited April 12, 2012 #6

Johnny,

Please see the attachment. I made a copty of the activity "Approver - Forecasting" and called it as "Approver - Forecasting2". When "Approver - Forecasting" forwards the activity performer gets two options: "Approver - Forecasting2" and "Approver - Purchasing". "Approver - Forecasting" must select one of them. right? I think this is what you are talking about.

Can you please give more details/stpes may be a diagram to implement what you say? Currently I have "Single user in a group" option for every activity and the performer who accepts and acquires the workitem must be able to delegate to only to his group members. He/She must not see the BIG list of all users in the docbase.

Thank you for your help.

ta

• DCTM_Guru
    edited April 17, 2012 #7

My recommendation was assuming you have Process Builder.  PB has more options for performer of activities.