Not able to edit my custom ACL with installation owner login today?

athati
edited April 11, 2012 in Documentum #1

Hi,

My custom ACL has changed. Now I see only dm_world and dm_owner groups with non-editable "Read" permissions for both. Until yesterday they used to be editable. Yesterday I did set this permission set to my custom lifecycle using composer (I removed it this morning). I logged in DA  as installation owner with Superuser privileges, "Config, View and Purge Audit" Extended Privileges and "System Administrator" client Capability.

Now I am not able to edit the ACL. It is strange for me. I never experienced such a situation when logged in as installation owner. How can I resolve this issue. I must be able to edit that custom ACL.

Please share your knowledge and experiences for figuring this out.

Thanks.

ta

Best Answer

• DCTM_Guru
    edited April 11, 2012 #2 Answer ✓

Can you create new one?  If so, just delete this one and recreate.  ACLs are linked to sysobject via acl_name and acl_domain, so as long as you recreate it using the same ACL and owner, you should be fine.

Answers

• DCTM_Guru
    edited April 11, 2012 #3

Please post a screen shot.

• athati
    edited April 11, 2012 #4

Thanks Johnny.

The screen shot is attached.

Thanks.

ta

• DCTM_Guru
    edited April 11, 2012 #5 Answer ✓

Can you create new one?  If so, just delete this one and recreate.  ACLs are linked to sysobject via acl_name and acl_domain, so as long as you recreate it using the same ACL and owner, you should be fine.

• athati
    edited April 11, 2012 #6

Thanks Johnny.

I already created new ACL with new name and it is working fine.

I wonder why did my ACL changed and became non-editable. I attached it with the same name to my custom lifecycle using Composer. I think when I deployed my lifecycle, it has replaced my existing ACL with the same name and created new one non-editable.

Thank you very much.

ta