Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Bug in IManWorkspaceSearchParameters with Commas?
System
I am trying to search for WorkSpaces using
IManWorkspaceSearchParameters
When I add a value for the imFolderName or imFolderDescription that contains a comma, the search strips off all text after and including the comma, so if I look for a WorkSpace named
Whatever, Inc.
The search will only look for
Whatever
!!!
Is this by design, i.e., that the search parameters are accepting comma-delimited strings (multiple values)? If this is the case, is there a trick to override, or include an explicit comma where I want one?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JSakers
The best work around that I have found is to use the underscore character (_) as a wildcard where you expect the comma. It isn't a perfect solution, but it works in most cases.
-John
Migrateduser
Nice solution. Thanks very much. This should work faster than completely truncating the search at the comma, adding *, and then iterating through (potentially many) matches to double-check each one.
jny
Comma as a search value is not supported just as it never has been in document search.
Commas are a special character to allow a list of search items in a profile field. For example: SEARCH_DOCNAME = “email,one”
Will search for documents where DOCNAME = ‘email’ OR DOCNAME = ‘one’
Likewise for folders.