Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Importing files: "Operation Failed please check..."
ProfessorX
A users deleted a file and submitted the deletion
She then tried to import the same file but kept getting...
"Operation Failed please check the permissions on the files"
Permission were there/granted.
So she imported the file as a dif file name and then renamed. That worked.
Bottom line ... It seems as though TeamSite will not let you import a file with the same file name even if it has been deleted.
I assume if I deleted all the editions with that file in it would then work.
Anyone experience the same? Do you agree?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
stefanmaier
Hi,
we also have some import problems with the same behaviour.
Support case is opened since Oct 2005, but until now we got no solution.
To quickcheck if your problem has the same reason as ours:
- authors and editors, which are not workarea owner, get the import error message
- there're differences between the access rights of the workarea itself and the subdirectory, in which you try to import, somewhere within the workarea.
- if you check the access rights of your import directory, full access is not set, additionally the special right "Delete subfolders and files" is not set
If you have the possibility to do some tests:
1. permit the special right "Delete subfolders and files" and try to import something
2. permit Full Control and try to import something
Regards
Stefan
ProfessorX
This holds true
"authors and editors, which are not workarea owner, get the import error message"
as far as access is concerned they have everything except "full permissions"
Migrateduser
This has happened to me but not since being in 6.5... what happens when you "get latest" after submitting the deleted file? Does it not get the file, as one might expect, does it get the deleted file from the grave, or -- even more bizarre and I think impossible -- does it get the hole? I'd think that last scenario is impossible but what the ****?
ProfessorX
It gets the Hole
I do believe you will always have a Hole as long as there is a copy of that file in an edition. If you delete all edtions with a copy of that file in it, I do belive the Hole dissapears. I would think then you can import the file with the same name no problem.
I havn't tested that theory but it would be nice.
Migrateduser
That's right, I forgot about the presence of the file in Editions. How many editions do you have? Would it be too taxing to test this by deleting the file from all of the editions?
It's strange that TS would restrict you from importing a file of the same name if it exists in an edition but not the staging area. Can this be considered a bug? It seems to me that if you've gone through the effort to delete the file, submit the deleted file and then import a new file with the same name, it should let you through.