Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Launching a document
Matt999
Hello -
I need to retrieve a copy of a document and then launch it in it's associated app. I'm able to get a copy of a doc via the COM model (GetCopy).... but then I'm stuck.
I'm aware of the IManLaunchMethod object... but I don't understand how to associate a particular document with it's navive application after calling GetCopy.
Any tips are greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Matt
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Matt999
All,
Something I didn't include - I can't use the CopyAndOpenCmd from the extensions library, as it seems to require that the copy it makes will be managed.
And, I can't use the preview objects, because the users want to play with the copy in it's native app.
So, I went back to using the GetCopy method of NRTDocument, and I'm able to get a copy of the document just fine.
I can find the appropriate app for the document in the type attribute of NRTDocument... but I don't know where to go from here. I could use the shell command in combo with the type attributes .. but that seems kludgy.
Can anyone suggest how (using VB6) to launch the app, passing it the document name to open? Should I be using DDE?
Or perhaps I'm going about this all wrong and there is an easier way to get a scratch copy of a doc, and launch it's app?
Anyone?
Thanks
Matt
jny
You may use the OpenCmd Object to checkout the document from WorkSite then open it in its native editor. This command object is documented in the iManage Extension Library Reference Manual.pdf which is distributed with the SDK.
Alternatively, you may use the OpenROCmd to download a copy of the document w/o checking it out of WorkSite.
Both command objects use the same contextitems which are explained in the manual aforementioned.
Matt999
jny -
Thanks!
I've been scouring the docs for just such a command, but havn't found one.
My documentation is dated 7/31/05, and doesn't include any reference to the OpenROCmd.
I'm guessing I have a stale copy of the documentation; I'll go check to see if there is a later version.
Thanks again,
Matt
jny
The OpenROCmd is not documented, but again, you may use it the same way as the OpenCmd; they both use the same contextitems which are the SelectedNRTDocuments and ParentWindow.