Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Deploying Nested Or Containers
aputnam
I am developing a new (and fairly complex) DCT that includes "or" containers. The container will be one of 3 types. To make things even more complicated, each type is recursive, i.e. there are nested replicants of varying types. My question is in how to deploy this data with DataDeploy.
Each type deploys to a specific set of tables. For illustration
Type 1- Table A
Type 2 - Table B and C
Type 3- Table A and B and C
I am trying to set up my custom schema and I am not sure how to do it given my DCT. Any suggestions? Is there some way of skipping items that are not relevant. I looked into the "skip-group-if-null" attribute of the "group" element but it will skip everything if it finds a null. This is not quite the behavior I want.
Thanks for any help.
I am using TS6.5 and OD6.02
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Can you clarify a bit more... I'm not sure what you mean by skipping items that are not relevant. If the item is not mapped, it will be skipped... so explain further what you mean by skipping... are you trying to specify conditions under which a column is populated for a particular table? I take it you can't make these columns nullable?
Mariam
aputnam
I am not trying to skip columns, I am trying to skip rows. I have specific conditions under which certain rows should be populated.
For example,
For Type 1 only one row in Table 1 should be created.
For Type2, one row in Table 2 and one row in Table 3 should be created. Table 1 should be "skipped" in this case. I don't think this is normally possible since You cannot deploy a blank row.
saravanaprasad
I dont think we can use any other method rather than skip-qroup if null="no" .And if u r using or containers with multiple replicants.It would be hard to retrive the values for those fields in the schema.I have tried this it works fine.OR containers will not be a problem in the schema. If u have any more queries tell me i will try to help you out.
Edited by saravanaprasad on 01/11/06 11:49 PM (server time).