Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
symbolic link for shedule DB
K_SATO
Hi, all.
I'm facing a problem about configuration of environment.
We have two TeamSite servers.
One is for the master server and the other is for the slave server (in case of server01 was down).
And both of servers have also OpenDeploy.
The iw-store is in the shared disk and two servers can read the same contents for TeamSite.
But OpenDeploy's schedule information and TeamSite's entity information have not been shared.
For sharing these information, I'm thinking using symbolic links like these:
/iw-home/local/entities -> /shared_directory/entities
/od-home/db/schedDB.backup -> /shared_directory/schedDB.backup
/od-home/db/schedDB.data-> /shared_directory/schedDB.data
/od-home/db/schedDB.properties-> /shared_directory/schedDB.properties
/od-home/db/schedDB.script-> /shared_directory/schedDB.script
How do you think about this idea?
Does this have any obvious problem?
OS:solaris 9
TeamSite6.1
OpenDeploy6.0
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
symbolic links often cause unexpected and difficult to track problems - if at all possible - avoid them.
You should probably contact Support to have this question fielded by an OD engineer - it's quite possible this scenario has not been tested so it may take some time for them to replicate the scenario in order to track down an answer for you (which may be the opening of a feature request to support this kind of scenario)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
K_SATO
Thank you, ghoti.
It's been two months since your post,,,,
I've asked support about this, but this is not supported scenario and can't answered, they said.
I tried make symbolic links like following:
od-home/db/sched/ -> /shared-disk/db/sched
od-home/db/odsched.ext -> /shared-disk/db/sched/odsched.ext
and change schedDB path in odbase.xml.
This looks fine, but of course I'm not sure it's ok or not.