Hello experts,
Is ist possible to clear a workflow package and remove the attached objects from it?
If yes, which DFC or dql methods are used for this?
Thanks in advance
If there are Accepted Answers, those will be shown by default. You can switch to 'All Replies' by selecting the tab below.
Hi,
You can only clear a workflow package through DFC. You can use one of two options:
I have sometimes managed to work around this with package visibilities and data mapping activies. Instead of clearing package A from one activity to the other I create a package B and conditionally copy package A to B between activities. Copying a package is just a copy of the r_object_id; the data mapping activity handles the rest.
Hello,
Unfortunately I can't use the process mapping activity because I am using an xcelerator https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-7268 (Copy objects) and I we are happy with it.Unfortunately now I found out that if there is already an object in the package it does not attach the copied object to the package.So I want to write a custom activity which will clear the package.
The good news is that I am almost finished and have just one problem https://community.emc.com/message/630314#630314 .
Why dont you check with DQL Read activity to determine if the object is already there before copying? If not, then execute Copy Object activity. If so, then by pass it using split-join.
Hello Johnny,
The workflow is this. I find the user whom the case is sent.Then on "Create a case log" activity I create new case and log the information that user A have sent the case to user B. The "Create case log" activity is a "Copy object" activity template from this xcelerator. https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-7268
I copy a template log (it is an electronic form) and I copy this template to the case and attach it to package as well.
But is is possible that user B (whom the case is sent) is not available and his/her tasks should be assigned to someone elese (for example user C). So in this case I go back to "Get performers info" step, retrieve information about user C, again create new case log.But if I don't remove the old one from the package the new case log can't be attached to the package.And I don't know how to remove it with OOTB bpm activities.
Do you have an idea?
Thanks
Why cant you check for the existence of the case log before "Create case log" actiivity? This way you never have to deal with removing an existing one.
The situation is like that.In fisrt iteration the package is always empty.On the second iteration (if the performer is not available) then the log is always full, so what can I do to remove it if it exist. If it is full I still have to create a new case log, and remove the existing one and attach the newly created log to the package.
Can you version the case log instead of deleting it? If you can, then your package will pick up CURRENT version and you then you dont have to deal with removing and adding new case log.
Well... I've investigated the problem, created a test workflow (so that I could remove an optional package trough the interface) and checked the IAPI commands required for that action. The result is the attached dmbasic script. It allows you to solve your problem without any special tools, restart, etc.
So you can implement the "Clean SLog" activity by:
Some side notes:
Thank you very much.You spent quite a lot of time on this.I will install it right now.
Thank you