Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
WF not working
sunsun
can anyone tell me the reason for something like this to happen?
When I try to instantiate the workflow through the UI (press the run job button after providing all the information like comments and author etc) I get this error message and the workflow doesnt start.
The attachment provides you the window I am getting.
None of my workflows are working which were working 2 days back. i get the same error even while I submit the file as it tries to run the submit workflow.
Please suggest. Our development work is stopped because of that.
Please dont tell me to look at the past forun answers as none of them work.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
What version of TeamSite (including SP and patches)?
What OS?
Does this happen with OOTB workflows or just your custom workflow(s)?
Can you post, as an attachement (the *actual* file), an example WFT for which this error occurs?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
sunsun
What version of TeamSite (including SP and patches)? : 6.5.0
What OS? : Windows 2003
Does this happen with OOTB workflows or just your custom workflow(s)? : It happens with all the workflows. even the system ones. none of them works.
Can you post, as an attachement (the *actual* file), an example WFT for which this error occurs? : since none of them work , it would be hard to attach all of them and also they were all working 2 days back.
Some thing happened after we installed jsdk 1.5 and deinstalled may be. Do you know any specific answer for this kind of problem?
Adam Stoller
Given the answers you provided - my only response is: Call Interwoven Support, open a case and keep on top of them to assist you in finding a resolution.
The kind of problem you're suggesting is one which is rather difficult to debug remotely - but if it has to be done remotely, it's best doing so with the vendor.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
sunsun
Does anyone else have any suggestions?
Anything other than contacting the support.
Thanks
Migrateduser
Maybe, but I need more information. What does your workflow look like? I had the same problem a couple of weeks back and my particular problem was that my workflow used the email_map.cfg file. No big deal, but the file was not readable to the instantiator, hence it threw me that error. You problem may be similar, but please post your parsed XML (which you should be able to obtain from enabling debugging -- it should still be able to get to the debug screen).
Dave
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
RCPViewer.zip
sunsun
Thanks for trying to help us out dave.
I am attaching both the files , the one generated through the debug mode and also the output job specification file.
And the problem is not with only one workflow, none of them are working not even during the submit.
I am just trying to run the ones that came with the system. ie the exapmle workflow named author_assignment.wft.
I had to change the foo.xml to foo.txt to be able to attach.
IMPORTANT NOTE:
NONE OF THE WORKFLOWS ARE WIORKING FROM THE GUI.
ONLY FROM THE CLT BUT WHICH DOESNT LET ME GET ANY USER INPUT.
sunsun
dave here is another attachment too.
Thanks
vicious
Hey
I might be out of my place to say this, since I am not suggesting a solution, but it looks like for sunsun none( including the ones that come as examples)of the workflows are working. Now I see lot of post asking what does the workflow look like but its not just one...the problem is with all of them. So my guess, the problem in not in the .wft files but somewhere else.
I apologize if any one feels that I was rude to say the above.
Thanks
NullPointerException.txt
sunsun
Thank you very much lady.
You understood my problem really well.
I REPEAT: NONE OF THEM ARE WORKING
vicious
lol....not a lady dude....a guy
Migrateduser
Didn't see the other attachment. I had gone around and around with support on this issue and my problem was not immediately obvious -- like I mentioned before, it was the permissions on email_map.cfg. Given the intricacy that this issue might have, try to trace through everything that has to do with the workflow, log certain events along the way, and you'll be able to narrow it down and eventually isolate it.
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
nipper
lol....not a lady dude....a guy
Well you post like a girl.
Migrateduser
Seriously... that font he was using is... well...
f
r
i
l
l
y
.
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
sunsun
Apologies everyone with special apology to test4Woven.
sunsun
heres the file dave
Migrateduser
I just tried it and it worked for me. Obviously, I replaced certain strings so that it would work in my environment, but I tried it on the command like AND through the GUI and it worked just fine.
I'm not sure... maybe it has to do with your environment somehow? What about available_templates.cfg? Does that have any strange characters in it?
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
sunsun
Ya thats the thing. it was working fine so i dont think that there is any error with the workflows or the available_templates file.
anytime i try to vaildate that file using iwxml_validate.ipl file it tells me ERROR: Bad File Descriptor.
attached please find the available_templates file.
but i dont think you would find any error in the file.
The error pops up when i do
new job->select a template--> select author and enter description--> and then when i click "run job' thats the time when that window pops up. (the one i attached in my first posting.)
see what you can help us with dave.
mgal
This is from a KB article which might help
How to fix XML parse errors from Parser.pm when starting any workflow in TeamSite
Knowledge Base Article: 48721
Type: Tech Note
Synopsis
This article explains what to do if you receive the following error message
when trying to start any workflows in TeamSite:
XML parse error in WFworkflow.pm
no element found at line 1, column 0, byte -1 at c:\iw-home\\iw-perl\site\lib/XML/Parser.pm line 185
Details
If you receive the following error when trying to start any workflows in TeamSite,
including the default workflows:
XML parse error in WFworkflow.pm
no element found at line 1, column 0, byte -1 at c:\iw-home\\iw-perl\site\lib/XML/Parser.pm line 185
Then it may be because the directory <iw-home>/ tmp/cci has been deleted.
The solution is to re-create the directory cci directory under <iw-home>/tmp.
You should also create an empty file called cci-OK- under <iw-home>/tmp/cci.
In Windows, the group Everyone should have full control to this directory and
the file. In Unix, the directory should have a mode of 1777 and the file 0666.
Another reason for this error might be because you do not have <%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%> in the system environment. Add this as the first argument in the PATH variable.
sunsun
hi mgal
Thanks for your response. actually whatever you told did not work initially for the reason that we put the name of the file as cci-OK- instead of cci-OK as you had given in your reply.
after few days of giving up the hope i tried to do it again but this time with no - in the end of the file name and it worked.
Thank you very much for your help.