Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Creating DCR's through importing data from database
Vipin_Kothari
Hi All,
I am trying to create DCR's automatically through importing the content from the database. The problem that I am facing is how to identify the replicants at the time of creating DCR creation. Is there any way to identify the same or has anybody done anything similar to the one I have just referred above.
Regards
Vipin
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Are you doing this as part of a migration or as an ongoing process?
Either way, I would set up a script to create the XML and then set appropriate extended attributes. With regard to replicants, what issues are you having, specifically?
ISCBorisB
1. Read your dcr's DTD. Sorry if I state the obvious but this is not datacapture DTD.
2. If in doubt, create simple DCR with one replicant and few items in it and read it as XML File. Compare to DTD to see how it works.
3. Basically, if you use Interwoven's DCR Type ( dcr-type="iwov" ) your replicants are simply
multiple value tags that in turn contain nested replicated items with their own values, etc...
Hope that helps
ravio
Furthering what Dave and Boris have already suggested,
Since it is difficult to suggest things by merely guessing the setup, I would discuss two scenarios
I]Lets say there are 'x' number of row entries present in Table 'A' for a particular content ID or DCR name (potentially)
Of which you would have to create 'm' number of column entries as replicants
Then it is a straight forward case of fetching 'x' rows for a given content ID and then iterating for 'x' times at each time writing the 'm' items in the replicant structure
II]If there are multiple tables with the data split up for normalization or otherwise,
Like there is a Table 'A' with 1 row pertaining to a content ID 'i'
For the content ID 'i' you have Table 'B' with 'x' rows which are going to be in replicants then, you will need to either use multiple queries or write a view which joins the multiple tables and then select from the view.
Hope this helps.