Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
line 1 error
Bhargav Coca
Hello,
i am doing very simple workflow, this throws me an error at line 1, Line one is basiclly these lines.
<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE workflow SYSTEM "iwwf.dtd">
please suggest me, as how to get rid of this error.
i am on TS 6.5 on Win 2k3.
Thank you
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I have an idea, but please attach your WFT.
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Bhargav Coca
Dave, its just two line in there which i posted, well this error appears when ever, I have two line or 100 lines, but for now i have removed every thing and kept just the xml declaration there, atleast it has to give me a blank screen not an error.
Thank you
Adam Stoller
Can you post, as an attachment (the actual file - not a replica), the WFT you were trying to run here?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
I understand that but my first thought is that you might have an invalid character at character 0, basically. I had SO many problems with that earlier this year, I don't want to get into it
but that's my reason in requesting that you attach that file.
Dave
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Adam Stoller
The XML declaration by itself is NOT a valid workflow - I would not expect that to work at all.
If you want to create a simple wft try:
<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE workflow SYSTEM "iwwf.dtd">
<workflow name="test" owner="__TAG__('iw_user')" creator="__TAG__('iw_user')" description="test">
<usertask name="utask" owner="__TAG__('iw_user')" description="testing">
<areavpath v="__TAG__('iw_workarea')"/>
<successors>
<successorset description="End">
<succ v="End"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
</usertask>
<endtask name="End"/>
</workflow>
and see if that works.
Also - please indicate which UI and from which part of the UI you are attempting to invoke the job.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Edited by ghoti on 08/04/05 09:48 AM (server time).
Bhargav Coca
here is the wft file as an attachement. Its the example cgi task from interwoven.
Thank you
Migrateduser
Okay, well it's not what I thought it was -- the ampersand in your comments looks a little suspicious, but I doubt that that's it. That would be on like line 10 of the generated definition anyway.
Are you able to generate the XML in debug mode? If so, please post that.
Dave
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Bhargav Coca
I am trying to invoke it from the user interface, Like selecting a file and clicking "Submit" it pops up workflow window and i am selecting the workflow, the same old process, I am wondering i have some problem with my workflow configuration file, I have used your sample and still gives me the same error.
here is the snippet from my available_template.cfg
<template_file name='User Task Workflow' path='user_task.wft'>
<command_list>
<command value='submit' />
<command value='tt_data' />
<command value='all' include='no' />
</command_list>
<role_list>
<role value='all' include='yes' allusers='yes'/>
</role_list>
</template_file>
Thank you
Migrateduser
Please attach your available_templates.cfg in that case.
Thanks,
Dave
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
nipper
Do ANY of your WFs work ? Is it only this one ?
Adam Stoller
Please try downloading, and using (without editing) the attached version of your WFT.
The only change I made to it was to get rid of all the DOS-style EOL markers (^M's) which have been known to cause problems with some parsers.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Adam Stoller
You may have a similar DOS-style EOL problem in your available_templates.cfg file.
Out of curiosity - what text editor do you use to create / modify your configuration / wft files?
If it has the option of saving files in "Unix mode" - use it. If it doesn't have that option - get one that does (jedit, textpad, emacs, etc.)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
I realize you haven't worked on a Windows TS platform that much lately, but I don't believe it cares about the ^M DOS-EOL characters that are frequently injected by some Windows platform editors. I've seen it in quite a few working TS configuration files and although I try to play nice and dos2unix files like this that I come across, it doesn't apparently care or error when it encounters them.
Dave
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Adam Stoller
Yes, it's been a while (thankfully, though I may soon be doing so again) - but I *do* recall seeing problems created by these ^M's - especially on the first line of a perl script and/or XML declaration - so... better to try removing them and verifying that it doesn't fix anything that to assume it won't and not try ...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nipper
Yes ^M characters can mess up Perl scripts. So I always remove them. Never had an issue
with WFTs but never tried it either.
Migrateduser
Okay... I can see it messing a Perl script, but like I said -- I haven't had issues with those characters being in config files. Dos2unix is a nice tool, too, and I use it when I can.
Dave
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
nipper
Yea but a WFT is a config file that thinks it is code.
BTW, dos2unix sucks. Not very nice with error checking, if it hits a binary, you are toast.
Here is what I use (fish wrote it, I improved):
#!/usr/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl
my $changed = 0;
my $fname = shift;
if (-B $fname)
{ print "$fname is binary - not changing\n";
exit(0);
}
open(IN, "<$fname") || die " '$fname' ($!)";
my
@text
= map {$changed += s/\r\n/\n/; $_; }
<IN>;
close(IN);
if ($changed) {
print "Processed $fname\n";
open(OUT, ">$fname") || die " '$fname' ($!)";
print OUT
@text
;
close(OUT);
} else {
print "Did not change $fname\n";
}
Migrateduser
Wow, give a guy and iPod and...
I don't use it en masse or anything. No, when I see a file that is littered with ^M, I run dos2unix on it. I happen to like it, but I wouldn't run it in batch mode or anything.
Dave
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Bhargav Coca
Hello Fish,
I have tried the same file with out any editing, but it still gives me the same error, i also did a iwreset -a, biut still the error exists.
Please advice
Thank you
nipper
So no workflows are working ?
I know you posted this before, but what OS & Version of TS ?
Can you do an ls -lrt of iw-home/httpd/iw-bin/iwwft*
Adam Stoller
Here is what I use (fish wrote it, I improved):
Glad to hear it.
These days, I tend to just do:
perl -i.bak -pe "s/\r\n/\n/"
filename
whenever I need to spot-fix a file.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
viewer_error.jpg
Adam Stoller
My advice? Get Support involved in helping you on this.
Chances are it's something real "simple" (once identified) - but since you're paying for support - use it!
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
not to be picky, but doesn't the usertask in the example need to have start="t" on it? ;-)
lilleywhite, try the same with start="t" on the one usertask...
cheers,
-Rori
nipper
Don't think so, the CGI task is the start task
It has start="t"