Hi,
I have set up FOLDER ACL in our test environment, so that any document of our custom type is created automatically that ACL is applied to that document.
See the follwoing DQL Results:
DQL: select default_acl from dm_server_config
Result: 1
We need to push this into production. Do you think it forces all ACLS to be FOLDER ACLs? If yes, can I have object type ACL by setting default ACL to 2? Does it work? My requirement is I need to apply an ACL to my custom type so that when ever a new document of that type is created.
default_acl integer S Specifies which ACL the server will use asthe default ACL when creating a new objectif an ACL is not explicitly associated withthe object. Valid values are:• 1, to specify the ACL associated with theobject’s primary folder• 2, to specify the ACL associated with theobject’s type• 3, to specify the ACL associated with theuser who created the object• 4, meaning no default ACL is specifiedThe default is 3.
Please share your knowledge and experience to resolve this issue.
Thanks.
ta