Clear the cache to choose the docbase.

Options
lucastdcj
edited May 23, 2012 in Documentum #1

Hi All,

I use documentum 5.3 and I would like to choose the docbase every time I log in.

Basically I have that documentum registry the last docbase choose and I would like to choose it each time that I log in.

I tried to delete everything in my local pc (All folders such as: C:\Documentum ; C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Documentum ; C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Documentum and the browser cache) Even thought I have the last docbase registered.

When I go to preferences I have the docbase selected as "favorite" it means that each time I connect I will be redirected to this docbase, if I put this in the left column it will work fine the next time but it will registry again the docbase as favorite when I log in.

So I would like to find the place/file where these preferences are set to clear automatically before login.

Find here the image of preferences.

DocBase.bmp

Thank you very much,

Lucas

Comments

• regisroy
    edited May 22, 2012 #2
    Options

with D6 preferences are stored in global registry in a cabinet named Preferences (Resources/registry if I remember)

But you can check file webtop/wdk/app.xml and change this path

Override it for your application in order not to be disturbed by any other webtop webapp instance

I think you can clear it by code using the preference manager

Hope this helps

• DCTM_Guru
    edited May 22, 2012 #3
    Options

rroy,

Unfortunately, the OP is still on 5.3, so the registery methods provided by DFC will not work.

• lastnitescurry
    edited May 23, 2012 #4
    Options

Be a while since I played in 5.3 land, but I do know that WDK/Wedbtop settings used to be stored in browser cookies.

Suggest you delete stored cookies and try again.

Another way to test if I am right, is to use another browser or use another PC. This was why EMC moved to storing user preferences in the repostories in D6