Dear All,
In our custom attribute I have to give reference to another document which is present in the Repository. Means users will able to select particluar document in meta-data.
You can put a link in your metadata, no?
If you use Form Builder and build a form for your object, you can insert an attachment control that allows you to create a link to other documents.
There are multiple ways to reference a document. You can add an ID attribute, a releation, you can put both documents in the same folder or in a virtal document. I am sure there are a couple of more possible solution' that I haven't mentioned here.
What will work best for you depends on your use case.
What's your exact need ?
Please provide a more detailled explanation.
You'll have to use the locator component and customize the info screen.
Customize the Info (metadata) screen to include a link on click of which will invoke the sysobjectselector component. With sysobjectselector, let the user select the reference document. Fetch the values of what the user selected and populate the attribute.
This post will tell you how to fetch the values that the user selected inside the locator component: https://community.emc.com/message/153889#153889
-karthik
Business needs is like:
User needs to select appropriate document Hyperlink whiel giving the Reference of another link.
Like there will be metadata screen that may be dropdown that will have all document from the repository and user can select that. But that should be a hypelink means when user want to check reference of that document user will click on that and that document will open.
I did not understand what you stated. Put your requirement in the form of a picture for our easy understanding.
I have repeating attribte called reference on click on edit user should open browse window in which he can select multiple document one by one.
Does this means that 'reference' attribute will store the object id(s) of selected document(s) ?
That Reference attribute will be stored as DRL link.
I believe you might need to implement custom attribute tag handler. Refer "Parts of the docbaseobjectconfiguration file" from WDK development guide, look at following elements of configuration file:
'editcomponent' : define custom component based on your requirement
'tagclass' : define custom class based on your requirement
Have you tried using the attachment control? It allows you to "reference" other documents stored in the repository.
Thanks Tejraj i will try this one.
Johnny Can you please put more detials on it, I have never used this one.
Looks in the Forms Builder User guide. Its just another control that FB provides OOTB that allows you to associate existing document(s) or import new document(s) to the form.
Dear Johnny,
I could not find any reference on How to use attachment control.
I gone through "Web_Development_Kit_6.5_Development_Guide.pdf" and "Web_Development_Kit_6.5_Tutorial.pdf"
in the Reference attribute user are selcting the multiple object from the repository.
from back end i converted them to
The DRL link whihcih i inserted is not behaving like a link. it is plain text.