Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Data capture template Title bar
ksshah
Hello.
I wanted to know if there is a way to change the text that comes in the title bar of Data Capture Template -- e.g. Edit dcr_name. I wanted to change the "Edit" to "Create" when user is editing the DCT for the first time. Also the text "dcr_name" pulls up the DCT name from the directory structure on Teamsite. Is there a way to change this ? I know we can change the title of the DCT window through Javascript FormAPI, but couldnt find anything with regards to titles on the DCT.
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
brandon1
This is a total non-supported hack. Tested on win2000 ie 6.02 TS 6.1
top.document.getElementsByTagName("TD")[0].innerHTML = top.document.getElementsByTagName("TD")[0].innerHTML.replace(/Edit.*/,"TEST")
Current Project: TS 6.1
Environment: Windows
brandon1
As this is a hack you might want to wrap the call in a try catch to suppress errors
try
{
top.document.getElementsByTagName("TD")[0].innerHTML = top.document.getElementsByTagName("TD")[0].innerHTML.replace(/Edit.*/,"TEST");
}
catch()
{
//Do nothing
}
Current Project: TS 6.1
Environment: Windows
ksshah
Thanks a lot. I did test it on my DCT and it works fine.
jbonifaci
Just keep in mind that this is a hack and could easily break in the next SP or upgrade you do. The better solution around unsupported hacks is to not do them and change your requirements.
~Jeff
brandon1
The better solution around unsupported hacks is to not do them and change your requirements.
Wow that is wishful thinkng
Current Project: TS 6.1
Environment: Windows
ksshah
Thanks for the warning. I have informed the client about the unsupported hack. I would think there has to be someother way to change titles. But with this solution -- as bad as it can get is users will see the original "Edit dcr_name" instead of new title.