Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite 6.1 installation with sudo on Solaris 9
r_pal007
I have to install teamsite 6.1 on solaris 9.
I don’t have su or root login through remote terminal to the server, but I have sudo access.
I want to know the limitation or problem which may come after or during installation time (example Configuring TeamSite after installation, start/stop TeamSite and its components individually etc).
As after a lot of search on devnet forum, it seem to me that some people able to successfully install it and configure it and some people able to only successfully install but not configure it and last some people even not able to install successfully.
In shot I want to know “What exactly one can NOT do with Interwoven (TeamSite, Templating, and OpenDeploy), if one do NOT have root/Administrator access/login?
What precaution one should take while installing with SUDO access.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
If yiou don't have *any* root access (including sudo) - don't bother trying to install it - TeamSite installation requires a number of steps that only those with root-access can do (kernel modifications, installing files into /etc, and such).
I *believe* that, if you have sudo access, you should be able to do the installations. But basically it comes down to just: do it, test it, if it fails contact support, if they can't help you fix it - uninstall it and get someone with actual root access to assisty you.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
r_pal007
Thanks for you reply.
I have install teamsite 5.5 and 6.1 several time on solaris 8 and 9, And have good knowledge about SOLARIS.
But I always use ROOT user for installation. This is the first time I am not getting the ROOT user.
I am interest to know about the problem areas, which may cause problem for me.
For example, creating users and groups while installation, creating files under /etc/ or /etc/init.d folders, access rc2.d servers while starting and stopping teamsite, mounting iw-store into iwmnt etc.
Thanks for all your efforts.
Adam Stoller
In general, if you have sudo access, you should be able to do the installation and configuration without any problems.
If you run into problems though - that's when you need to contact Support (and/or post here).
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com