Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to call perl file in UI customization
jkm
Hi all,
I added a new custom menu item and on click of menu item that I am calling a cgi file. I placed my cgi in httpd/iw-bin dir but in my CGI form I have few images which its not able to render. It shows the cross sign.
I thought iw-webd is not able to render the images(which it should ideally) so I placed my CGI in httpd/webapps/content_center directory but here its not able to execute CGI file. I think in webapps/content_center I can have only JSP/html files.
Can some one help me how to render images in a custom menu CGI form. I checked the basic things like path of images etc in httpd/iw-bin
Env:
TeamSite6.5 Windows2k
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
The CGI [probably] belongs where you had it first - IWHOME/httpd/iw-bin/
What you didn't tell us is how you specified the paths to the image(s) in your CGI script - and where those images actually live.
If the images are in IWHOME/httpd/iw-icons/ - I believe you can just refer to them as src="/iw-icons/...."
If the images are somewhere within TeamSite - I believe you can refer to them as src="/iw-mount/default/main/....."
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
jkm
Thanks Adams, it worked perfect for me. I put my images in iw-icons directory and these are coming fine. Earlier I tried placing my images in iw-icons but I was not putting iw-icons in the src URL and it was failing to retreive.
Thanks again for your assistance.
cheers
-rocky
gzevin
I don't think you can point to an arbitrary location, unless you change apache settings...
I myself put images in iw-icons or somewhere underneath it, in separate folders
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
jkm
Yeps Greg, under iw-icons directory and its sub directories its coming fine but if I need to refer the images from backing store then do I need to write Apache rewrite rules in .htaccess conf file. But as Adam has mentioned above I can refer my images using /iw-mount . I didnt try this as my current requirement doesnt require this but this is just for my info for future information.
Another observation
I can place my custom menu jsp/html files in webapps directory and then render my images etc and we can do the similar functionality of CGI if link is jsp but with html I was tied up becasue we can not call perl from html page and the solution for that is to go by CGI under httpd :-) IF we can perform our operations only with JS then HTML shud also work fine under webapps.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks & Regards
-Rocky
gzevin
I am not sure if this is .htaccess file, I was under differnt impression
- ususally these are .conf files
as for your HTML file access, I don't seem to understand what is the problem. You can place html in <iw-home>/httpd/iw ...
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU